New World of Subways Game Ideas/Suggestions

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!
  • Since there is not going to be another World of Subways game coming anytime soon, I have made this forum to share my ideas on what another World of Subways game would look like. But before I move on to my suggestions, I would want to talk about how I know the game, but I haven't played it.

A few years ago, I have got World of Subways 3 for my old PC. It works fine, but the controls are the hard part. I know that it takes a long time to understand how the game works. Until now, I tried to get all four World of Subways games during the sale earlier this month, but I checked the reviews and I see that the game is having compatibility issues on newer PCs, so I never purchased the games. I was familiar with a few train simulators such as Trainz and MSTS, they were fun to play for me, but I still do not fully understand how to operate trains in the game.

And now, here are suggestions for what a new World of Subways game would look like.

NOTE: This post does not relate on adding these features to World of Subways 4 or any other WOS title. Instead, it focuses on a new World of Subways game.

1. Setting

Like WOS 1 & 4, the setting should be in New York. Rather than focusing one specific line (Like the 7 line), the game focuses on all routes of the NYCT.

2. Trains

In this game, the player would drive trains of different eras around the lines as they would wish. However, earning these trains comes with a challenge. To unlock these trains, the player would have to complete certain missions in career mode (Explained later below.).

3. World

Rather than having the lines separate, all the lines will be merged into one big open-world level without any sudden loading zones that freeze the game for a few seconds. It would feature dynamic weather while driving above ground, and trains may be able to switch routes while driving the train.

4. Depots

Like WOS4, there would be other depots in other boroughs. Players can drive their trains to these depots to have their train fixed.

5. NPCs

The NPC characters are likely the same from other WOS games, but they now can wander through the subway stations. In rush hours, there could be over a hundred NPC characters waiting for the train.

6. Career Mode

Career Mode, as briefly explained earlier, is a gamemode where you play as a subway driver, driving through various subway lines. Rather than interacting with NPC characters in the Depot for missions, they are now given in the form of an e-mail. Some e-mails contain a side mission.

7. Exploration

Like other subway simulation games, the player can walk inside the subway tunnels and further explore the metro system. Be on the lookout for surprises!

8. Passenger Mode

This game mode will allow the player to play as a passenger.

9. Special Route: Staten Island Railway

10. Game Engine

Unlike other WOS titles, the game would be produced using UE4.

11. Ray Tracing

12. Multiplayer

The game will support 64-player multiplayer as players can choose a role: Drivers or Passengers.

13. VR Support

14. Mod Tools

Players will use Mod Tools to create their custom routes/trains

15. Freeplay

Players can practice driving the subway train or for fun.

16. iOS and Android Versions

17. Steam, Epic Games store & GOG

Similar to Paradox's strategy, the game will release on all launcher platforms.

18. Workshop

19. Change signs in subway trains (Like in OpenBVE)

That is all I have for my ideas for a new World of Subways title. If you have other suggestions, please feel free to post below.

Look here: https://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/Main_Page

• Not bad at all!
    But for now it seems like TML-Studios is prioritizing "The Bus" game (that is set in full-scale/size Berlin 1:1) that they have been working on since 2016/2017 and they wont start on any new project until this one will be done.

If we look past then their all last games were Bus simulators and they wouldn't probably make any new WoS game. Even if they do then it wont be released before 2025.