Help with display/graphics settings?

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!
  • Hi all,

I was hoping to get your help, now I've got more time again on my hands to be able to play my sims properly.

I'll give you some screenshots of what my game looks like and my settings and let you decide how to better adjust the sliders etc.

I don't feel Fernbus is looking as "beautiful" as it could do, I know there was an update where it washed everything out a bit but I feel as if everything is a little bit "grey and gloomy" and maybe not as crisp as it could be. Again, I could be completely wrong and I might not be able to do anything. I'm not complaining how it is but if I CAN get it looking even better then for sure!

I've got a perfectly capable PC for running Fernbus:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor @ 3,6GHZ - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Running on a Dell S2716DG(DisplayPort) 2560 x 1440(p) (59.951Hz)

I've attached a screenshot of my settings too, obviously running at 2560 x 1440 resolution, fullscreen borderless and vsync enabled.

Field of view is 90 and all the quality settings are set to EPIC.

Many thanks!! :fernbus:

• matt9529 In the Resolution Scale Settings, you can set more than 100, for example 200 or any number in these aisles. The higher the Resolution Scale, the better the graphics in the game. My settings are visible in the screenshots. Also Screenshots from the game with these settings.

• Hi matt9529,

thanks for your post. Just for your information: After update 22, the colours changed a bit, also on Tourist Bus Simulator (our other game). In TBs we already implemented so called distance fields, who are giving the game sharpness and change the colours again. This will also happen for FBS, but it will take a litte longer. In the meantime, feel free to try out some new settings, they will maybe please you. Kind regards!

• Hi Quarney and Maximus,

Thanks indeed for your kind replies.

There's something new I learnt about the resolution so thank you Maximus, I thought the scaler could only go up to 100 and didn't know you could manually type the numbers, that's really helpful. I tried 200 but the FPS start to go a bit squiggly but anything under this is fine and has certainly made an improvement. I've also set the sliders to more what you have and it looks good too.

Nice to hear about the update Quarney, will look forward to that for sure!

Kind Regards and all the best,

Matthew

• Hello, I have a gtx 760. I need to upgrade my gpu for a better gaming experience with Fernbus. A rtx 2060 can handle this game at max settings with 60 fps stable? I have a ryzen 5 1600x. I'm also thinking about a 1660 super to save money (350 euro vs 250 euro).

• MatVitaL8 I have graphics GTX 1660 TI settings the highest is around 55 FPS, mirrors only high.

RTX 2060 graphics will also give you 60 FPS

1050 Ti you can also but for a great price now you can buy graphics that I gave 1060, 1660 Ti

• 1980 X 1080 1080p Resolution 120 . Graphics all Epic, only mirror High

Of course there are places where sometimes the FPS is smaller than 40 but it is usually constant from 50 to 60 FPS .

16 GB RAM , HDD 7200 RPM , Windows 10 64 BIT , Graphics NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti Gigabyte .

Keep in mind that optimization is constantly being improved by TML STUDIOS to make it even better as it is today MatVitaL8 , each game update improves game performance. The choice of graphics is yours but 50 FPS is already very good for this bus simulator

• 1980 X 1080 1080p Resolution 120 . Graphics all Epic, only mirror High

Of course there are places where sometimes the FPS is smaller than 40 but it is usually constant from 50 to 60 FPS .

16 GB RAM , HDD 7200 RPM , Windows 10 64 BIT , Graphics NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti Gigabyte .

Keep in mind that optimization is constantly being improved by TML STUDIOS to make it even better as it is today MatVitaL8 , each game update improves game performance. The choice of graphics is yours but 50 FPS is already very good for this bus simulator

Thank you! Very helpful!

• I'm trying to run the Fernbooth simulator, but I'm not sure how to set up the graphics. My specifications are CPU: i5-2320, GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, RAM: 16GB, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 465GB. pixel : 1080p 1920x1080

• I am literally on the brink of giving up on Fernbus as my graphics has no end issues. One minute the settings work fine then you drive the bus for 30 seconds and you lag like hell. I spend more time adjusting settings than I spend actually driving. It's a joke.

I've been a supporter of TML for many years with various products and Fernbus is by far the worst for graphics and sounds. I only have any actual running sound when I am accelerating (it's almost silent any other time).

As for graphics, when you are in certain areas, regardless of your settings, the game acts as if you are in minimal settings and runs on high FPS. http://prntscr.com/v1cixu and yet if you are in a city, the game lags like hell on the same settings and you have to stop every 30 seconds to amend the settings because the game can't cope with the most basic of things.

My settings: http://prntscr.com/v1cjzn (Foliage medium, Lights low. Saves me taking 2 screenshots if I just tell you the missing two)

TML had such potential with Fernbus and they have failed on it.

• Firstly, photos in this forum is mostly edited t.y. photoshoped/edited in game, you can't sadly have that look in game.

Secondly, CPU plays huge part in this game, so you can't say I have that FPS and thats all about, just depending on GPU, nah, CPU plays huge part here, not only GPU.

• Is this any use?

I see that you use a gtx 1050 (non TI model), i think that's a bit on the low end (for this game).

Because i think the cpu is not the issue here. So the problem here is (just maybe) you're graphics card.

Maybe a tip for everybody, i saw a video from jaystwocents and he said in a video about improving FPS of flight simulator, that you need to go to you're nvidia control panel and look for something called "texture filtering - quality" and set it to "high speed". I looked it up and apparently it's a very old technique, but i don't know more about other than it did improve FPS in all of my games, just by a little bit but anyting helps.

Hope that this helps you. Otherwise i had the gtx 1050 ti model and had never experienced what you did, but neither had i the best FPS. Now i switched to a gtx 1660 ti and it's waay better.

• I have been using the 'auto detect' function and that sets my settings as 'high' and when I lower them, it is lower quality than one of those Android phone simulators.

I shouldn't have to have the newest, highest standard custom made gaming computer to play the game. It was fine when it first came out (I have 99 hours play time and I didn't get that through it being this bad) but now, it's unplayable.

It's only Fernbus which I have an issue with, all my other games work fine and Fernbus.

I will try the Nvidia Control Panel method and hopefully that might help.

• Good luck, yeay weird that it happens, do you have the beta version or official?

Edited once, last by hadi ().