The Bus may be copied...

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!
  • Actually, LOTUS was announced much more earlier than TheBus, so there's no copy saying in this circumstances.

They have so many similarities, they both features the BVG line 100, both support multiplayer and map modding etc. But I'm sure TheBus has much more specific features than LOTUS Street.

• I do also think that LOTUS had announced that it'll include buses even before The Bus was presented by TML, am I wrong? That was also a reason why I keep wondering if I should buy LOTUS, since the game includes different genres of public transport.

BUT: As MBO530 mentioned, The Bus will definitely be more detailed and include more nice features than LOTUS.

• Perfect opportunity for TML to show that they are capable of creating realistic, detailed bus simulators too, not just arcadey bus driving games aimed at a different audience. No offence to anyone, but when it comes to realism, OMSI and LOTUS are still kings of the genre.

But competition is always good, and the real winners are us, the customers.

• I agree with TheBeaver , LOTUS is capable with various kind of transport system, so it might be a little bit potential to fit more people taste. But as the information I got about their Street Mode, it seems not like what players' expect it to be.

So I'm wondering, does anybody have the same though as me? TheBus could not only be the bus, tram can also be added in, and they can even merge it with WOS.

• I don’t buy LOTUS because of the very prolonged development of the game, after so much time in early access there is practically nothing there. The bus module is no different from OMSI 2, the same low quality graphics of buses and the environment. What I have no doubt is in physics, they are very good in OMSI 2 and will be the same in LOTUS.

But here is the paradox! Lotus and OMSI 2 have more fans than Fernbas, for example, see how many people play OMSI 2 and how many people play Fernbas. Amateur mods play an important role here. Full support of mods is also declared in The Bus, but making mods on Unreal Engin is much more difficult and everything will depend on the availability and simplicity of tools for mods from TML-Studios.

If, in addition to buses, another vehicle is added to the game, it will be great, it will attract even more people to the game.

In any case, I am on the side of TML-Studios and I will be glad if The The Bus will become number one among the bus simulators.:)

OMSI 2 and Lotus are good games, but they have lagged behind in technological development in the last century, games from TML-Studios are always developing and try to keep up with modern technology. I don’t see that Ray Tracing will be added to Fernbas and Tourist in the future.

I'm worried about the lack of promised news on The Bus... Where are they?!X/

• Fernbus coach simulator

Tourist bus simulator

are much more interesting in terms of physics and graphics than Omsi 2 and Lotus games, this will be another THE BUS game for me the best games are TML STUDIOS buses, tools will also develop the game significantly, It should be added that OMSI 2 has a lot of errors and poor optimization.

A great bus ride Fernbus :) :fernbus::fbs-sign-330::thumbup:

• Perfect opportunity for TML to show that they are capable of creating realistic, detailed bus simulators too, not just arcadey bus driving games aimed at a different audience. No offence to anyone, but when it comes to realism, OMSI and LOTUS are still kings of the genre.

I wouldn't put LOTUS in the same sentence as OMSI, Fernbus or hell, even the Bus Simulator series. LOTUS has been in early access for over a year now and it's still a barren, empty game with not much of anything to do but drive circles around empty streets. And to top it off they released a new module, bus driving, and have the balls to make customers basically purchase the game all over again. LOTUS sim, a bare bones game that's basically in very early beta, with all the DLCs goes for $140 US dollars. That's ludicrous. I'm sure one day very far off in the future it will be a nice sim but until that day comes I wouldn't waste my time or money on it.

Couldn’t of put this better myself, well said mate

What the time you have there dread? 12 o Clock Natty. :thumbup:

Edited once, last by LT586 ().