Unreal Engine 5

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• Epic Games announces Unreal Engine V and shows techno demo. The engine will be released in 2021.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Cool novelty.

I imagined that this moment would come. With new features like Ray Tracing and DLSS something would change.

New boards containing artificial intelligence engines need to be improved.

Greater concern is the weight that this new engine will bring on old hardware. A new generation of GPUs and processors arriving this year should bring some gain (even Nvidia's RTX series 20).

If Epic Games does manage to get developers to make the content created on Unreal Engine 4 be supported in version 5 it will be interesting for TML, of course if you add something significant (benefit) with the change.

• Good news for TML-Studios. Unreal Engine is now completely free to use in games that have earned less than a million dollars.

Epic Games canceled royalties for using Unreal Engine to create games that brought developers less than $ 1 million, the company said in a blog post on the engine’s official website.

Previously, developers could download and use the Unreal Engine, but Epic Games had to pay 5% of the game’s profits. Now you need to share part of the proceeds only after the first million dollars earned. In addition, the new rules are retroactive - they begin to act on relationships that began on January 1, 2020.

my-awesome-meme.jpeg

• wait I think I lost it , no we need to pay epic games money for using the unreal engine to publish games srsrly?

• thats right^^ its a "small" fee like around 5% or smth like this. I mean its understandable cause they need to pay for their employes as well. and smaller studios like Tml dont have to invest 10 thousands of euros and many years of work to develop a graphic engine (and sound engine) that is, hands down, very good. Its a win-win situation.