Passengers amount & Interior Cameras

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!
  • Hi dear friends,

I know that requests about increasing passengers number was related sometimes here, and TML got it for future changes, totally okay with that.

TL;DR:

This thread I want to discuss to understand if there's an existing particular parameter, that varies passengers amount, like hour of the day, week day, route, cities, and so forth.

Also, I would like to ask if there's a way to set custom cameras inside vehicles.

Clarifying about Passengers

I've made this route starting at 15:00 :

At end, a lot of passengers from initial cities wanted to go to Dortmund (final terminal), and at end of the day I've got almost 40 passengers inside the bus.

But, when I tried to make a route: Rennes (22:30) - Limmoges - Toulouse - Marseilles.

Only 8 people were on board to Marseilles. Yet, Toulouse had no passengers boarding.

The question

Considering situations above: Route I've taken, times, or cities could potentially affected passengers boarding in? Or actually all "sold tickets" are totally random, a matter of luck?

Finally, Interior Cameras

We all enjoy Fernbus, when it allows us to drive buses, and I guess that a lot of us cannot drive a bus everyday (or never like me), and it is fun and very satisfactory.

But, along enjoying to drive, I really love ride buses too, as a passenger. Now, have we some sort of camera setting to place a point of view from a single passenger? I would love to drive and have a little view from a side window to look environment outside during our jorneys, in gameplay or some sort of replay feature.

Thank you so much all of you.

Gute Reise!

• Travel times to the number of passengers are irrelevant, it depends on the route, the increase in passengers on buses has long been reported but for now this change has to wait because it is a reconstruction of the game. Side view camera from the window is an idea great time but not implemented, interesting options that you want best let TML STUDIOS speak but I am also behind them. in the camera settings options you can change them to the middle of the bus and then look with the mouse but driving in this way is not possible without an accident.

• Great observations on the subject. :):thumbup:

It really is something that I have been approached in the past but it is always good to see new perspectives on the subject.

This question of passengers only TML has the answers.

The ideal would be to program the number of passengers referring to places, dates and times.

Example: From Desden to Berlin I believe that the number of passengers would be high and at peak times (something logical).

Many people work in neighboring cities and use this means of transport.

Positioning of cameras:

Last year I remember having approached the subject for the last time (or more distant), my suggestion was a camera positioned in the passenger seat. Something similar to the bass video.

Other TML games like Bus and Cable Car Simulator used resources where you roam freely in the city and used public transport. I confess that I really liked getting on buses and enjoying the city looking like a tourist. I looked for a video as an example but I couldn't find it.

In today's games the experience of traveling as a passenger would be incredible. :love:

• I agree 100% with you, Daniel F!

I also liked to drive other vehicles as a passenger in the BTCC-Simulator. It’s just there, when cornering, they threw it out of the vehicle =O :D

I dream about the appearance of passengers and traffic in time every time. Maybe in The Bus there will be such an opportunity to somehow tie them to time ;)

It would be interesting to travel as a passenger on other buses that would be present on TBS and FBS. Many players write about the appearance of such buses, but so far to no avail ?(

It is possible that someday we will see them in simulators ;)

• Thanks for your answers guys!

Travel times to the number of passengers are irrelevant, it depends on the route, the increase in passengers on buses has long been reported but for now this change has to wait because it is a reconstruction of the game.

Ok, no problem, we wait! haha

Thanks Martin.

Other TML games like Bus and Cable Car Simulator used resources where you roam freely in the city and used public transport. I confess that I really liked getting on buses and enjoying the city looking like a tourist. I looked for a video as an example but I couldn't find it.

I also liked to drive other vehicles as a passenger in the BTCC-Simulator. It’s just there, when cornering, they threw it out of the vehicle

Man, I don't know these games. My shame, but I need to.

Do you know I've played GTA V sometimes to take cabs and look to the window, seeing city skycrappers, life running and all that!

Just satisfactory I can say.

• ^^ with GTA Vice City, my game life began on the first Intel Celeron M (Pentium) computer ;) :D

Now this unit can hardly be called a computer. But at that time it was the best :)

In GTA, I always liked to jump from the highest skyscraper and work as a taxi driver.

My first game from TML-Studios was City Bus Simulator 2010 New York. I then enjoyed it a lot. Awesome game! Even today it’s worth playing. Moreover, it is sold at a 50% discount.

I really liked the Bus-Tram und Cable car in those years. I first got behind the wheel of a trolley bus. How great it was. I still remember this game as the best memory. I do not really like trams, but I love buses and trolleybuses.

Maybe someday TML-Studios will make for us one general simulator of a bus, trolleybus, tram with multiplayer and Unreal Engine 5 graphics.

• I joined the forum precisely because of the Bus and Cable Car Simulator in 2012.

I watched a video on YouTube (this bass) months later I bought a nice PC so I managed to play it. And I continued with the next games released by TML.

I love making this line 905 :love:

I found this video demonstrates the use of public transport. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I really like Bus and Cable Car Simulator, it has interesting features.

The big problem is the intelligence of the traffic is very bad and also the vehicles disappear in moments.

It lacked a little more attention and updates to make the game better.

I liked it when the windows were fogged up and wet due to the vehicle's external cold, it was necessary to turn on the window defroster.

It was good to leave the house to get the car to drive until the company chooses the vehicle and the line, then drive to the bus terminal and start work.

Tourist Bus Simulator has a structure to have similar functions. You acquire real estate but it is not used as housing. If the character got tired he would have a reason to go home. :sleeping:

These are silly things but are absent in Fernbus/Tourist Bus.

Currently TML works with a quality graphics engine and there is a possibility to implement these features again. :/

I also took Taxi in GTA and enjoyed the trip. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Very good by the way.

• 1000% I agree with you, Daniel F :thumbup:

You're right. Some functions are lacking in modern FBS and TBS simulators.

I really liked it when the windows were fogging up from the rain and it was necessary to let in air 8|:love:

Unfortunately, in those years I could not afford a good expensive computer and I had very big problems in the simulator.

I remember how people constantly disappeared and appeared with very great frequency. And the main character fell through the ground and could walk there as in a separate world. Later this problem was solved by a patch^^

I also took a very long time to accelerate and stop the bus due to the slowdown of the computer. For me it was a torment. But still this simulator for me remained the best in those years. It's great that now you can play it :)

Yes, in the GTA, the taxi driving function is very well implemented :thumbsup:

• This bug of the character falling into limbo (a real nightmare). :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It usually happened when trying to open the bus door manually.

I spent a few months waiting to build a cool PC to play (6 months). I was always watching videos on YouTube.

I miss the windows getting foggy because of the cold weather. This feature followed in the following TML games (Bus Simulator 2012).

They are silly details more during the game makes a big difference. I hope that these resources will be planned in the future.

• Currently TML works with a quality graphics engine and there is a possibility to implement these features again.

Absolutely!

I've recorded a video sample, trying to drive looking as a passenger.

Such a horrible driving for sure, don't mind it please.

Now, imagine a mode that we can select a route, climb the bus, take a seat, and AI drives for us to enjoy that Wi-Fi and 21ºC A/C <3:love:<3

• Beautiful scenery outside the window! :love::thumbup:

Yes, that would be great. OMSI has such a system, but it has not been brought to mind. It would be great to buy a ticket yourself, get on a bus, get off at the final one and this would be considered as a completed task. One could even come up with an achievement on Steam.

And this idea is not only for FBS and TBS, but also in the upcoming The Bus it would be great to see such a function. Moreover, this is a completely new product in which it is possible to introduce such a function and this will also be a hallmark of a city bus simulator.

I would really like our desire to be in the passenger role to appear on FBS, TBS and The Bus ;)

• Hi Guys!

Although it is kind of an interesting idea to just be a passenger, the main reason to play FBS or TBS is to ride a bus for yourself. We don't think many players would use the proposed feature in a way that would be efficient for us. And btw. it would be a huge load of work to create an AI which is driving every possible route in-game, we've got other AI problems to fix first, as you know :)

So thanks a lot for the proposition, but it unfortunately won't come in the future.

Best regards

• Erilius
    Your video was very cool. I recorded a while ago something like that. Thanks for sharing the video I will see it complete at another time.

The Bus is possible in online mode.

It will be fun to gather friends from the forum and play, it would certainly be someone's passenger. If you put the option of sitting on the bus seat it will be an advance.

Since you will not have this option on Fernbus and Tourist Bus, I expect only one camera positioning on the passenger's perspective and another smaller camera with the driver's view on a smaller scale (I suggest placing it as an option), so we can drive the bus to have this view passenger (fun to make recordings and enjoy the trip). :/

Another suggestion is an editable camera, we own and save it at the desired angle.

• I was just thinking about it today, Daniel F

We can play The Bus together in multiplayer. We can drive each other to the desired destination. It will be very cool. True, multiplayer will be limited in the number of players. But I think that there is nothing to worry about.

In any case, these are my guesses. As will be in fact, we will be able to find out very soon ;)