Let's talk about The Bus (EN)

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• Today on YouTube I came across one video with voice announcements of the TXL line in Berlin.

Due to copyright, these voice announcements are unlikely to appear on "The Bus".

But nevertheless, it's great to listen to them just like that :)

Or as an example, thanks to these voice announcements in the video, you can learn the correct pronunciation of stops on the TXL line (2018 year);)

Announcements: Helga Bayertz

Line course:

0. Memhardstr.
    1. S+U Alexanderplatz/Memhardstr.
    2. S+U Alexanderplatz
    3. Spandauer Str./Marienkirche
    4. Staatsoper
    5. Unter den Linden/Friedrichstr.
    6. S+U Brandenburger Tor
    7. Marschallbrücke
    8. Charité/Campus Mitte
    9. Invalidenpark
    10. S+U Hauptbahnhof
    11. U Turmstr.
    12. Turmstr./Beusselstr.
    13. S Beusselstr.
    14. Buchholzweg
    15. Flughafen Tegel

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• I think these announcements will appear in game because I saw thanks to Eamon’s honest gameplay (with an actual wheel!) Lidl, Ibis Hotel. So possibly considering they went to BVG to record and photograph the vehicles. As yet, I am waiting to see what the Lion’s City DD will look like, and the VDL Citea, will you feature both Scania Citywide DD / VDL DD? Considering these are still with BVG, also the new fleet of Citaro’s.

The one thing I am really unhappy about is the use of Fernbus coaches in The Bus. It is not a coach simulator or game, we have two coach ones already. Unless someone does say the Designer Outlet feeder bus route in Brandenburg from the Zoologischer Garten, It’s not really needed.

What we need is routes like the 133, through the Berliner Forest, the 124 or 222 I think. Of course, with the editor it may be possible but I think if this is in phases. TML should have routes as addons

What the time you have there dread? 12 o Clock Natty. :thumbup:

• Anybody can telll something about pneumatic works? Becsuse in OMSI was alright you can feel how works a seat suspension or when you used some funciton penumatic is reaction on gauges on dashbord how much air left from air tank. In Fernbus was only suspension seat nothing else, you can press many times brake and nothing happend, always full air tank.

• Anybody can telll something about pneumatic works? Becsuse in OMSI was alright you can feel how works a seat suspension or when you used some funciton penumatic is reaction on gauges on dashbord how much air left from air tank. In Fernbus was only suspension seat nothing else, you can press many times brake and nothing happend, always full air tank.

I think, if they will work on something like this will be after the Phase 3 of the Early Access

According to their trello page, it is "done", just today ;)

• First of extremely impressed by the bus (just from watching videos) so far.

Does anyone know if there is planned triple screen support?

I know with FernBus it was implemented as a feature but was still an early-ish feature where you had to edit the config file yourself. - but I would like to see it added into "The Bus".

• First of extremely impressed by the bus (just from watching videos) so far.

Does anyone know if there is planned triple screen support?

I know with FernBus it was implemented as a feature but was still an early-ish feature where you had to edit the config file yourself. - but I would like to see it added into "The Bus".

Looking at some videos on Youtube, it is already implemented ;) but still in Beta though

• I've been watching videos of The Bus since the embargo lifted on Sunday and have to say I'm impressed. The amount of effort they've clearly gone to to map Berlin accureately is excellent (matches Google Street View really well). Over the years I've become more and more impressed with TMLs continuous development of their products and hope The Bus will follow that trend. Either way they'll get my money when early access opens as developers who listen to their customer base server to be supported - Well done TML! :)

• I haven’t said this as wanted to ask for the aesthetics but, it feels like Berlin, having visited Berlin 4 times over 2017/2018 the feel of the place is spot on, the weather effects will further enhance it. I can’t see myself using the buses from Fernbus in this game because this is a citybus simulator not a coach one. I understand it’s to expand on the portfolio, and if it means the community can mod the coaches so they improve for Fernbus possibly (wishful thinking) like backporting mods to Fernbus. Then cool, if not, it doesn’t make sense as this isn’t flixbus territory really but BVG.

I am pleased you have official support from BVG and I look forward to the control centre element being able to maintain the frequency of buses. And telling off slow drivers!!

• LT586

I agree that using coaches on BVG routes doesn't make much sense, but I think Quarney herself mentioned that it's more of a gift to the community. However, I do believe that it's something that modders can take advantage of i.e. creating some special routes across Berlin, or even on new maps created by the community ;) On a side note, I would like to see these coaches in traffic as you do see a lot of them irl.

• Oh Quarney is a she? Very cool. Anyhow, yes but Berlin. I wonder if locals will expand on Berlin. I think Berlin Sud or U Merringdamm would be cool. Merringdamm being quite unique or West to Roseneck / Zehlendorf

• Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

This should interest you all. I will be getting The Bus on early access but listen to the sounds and the Bord computer is exact. Yes spot on TML. I say again, that the feeling of Berlin is in the game. I can’t wait to see where TML go further with Berlin, there really is a call for more routes. If this takes 24 months to come then that’s fine. But routes like these, that traverse tight and narrow roads would further test the driver to keep time.

• Wanted to ask, at Brandenburg Tor, is there a big logo for ‘The Bus’ as that’s a bit off putting. Also the TrackIR seems to be very hard to find, so the tobii eyetracker, i’ll take a look

• Had a run with it, didn't know it was a DX12 game but thankfully I can run it with DX11, and get really good performance despite the early access. I know the team are aware but around Alexanderplatz, just after the Berliner Ferhsehturm, some signage falls down on it's own haha.

The bus itself, handles really well, the steering on the bends is very good, I did crash a couple times just because I didn't turn fully, used to OMSI's steering where a small turn results in a full lock, but this is true to the 900 degree wheel, very good, the feel of it is spot on. Can't wait for more routes, I know it's stated you can't map all of Berlin but I do look forward to more content from the team, and possibly addon buses from third parties which work with TML.

All very very good, as someone said on STEAM, a worthy contender to OMSI 2, finally.

The only pointers is as people have said. Sounds and the braking physics, the sounds end too quickly, the retarder for a ZF is characteristic. At least, the Scania's are silent at the front, hence my video reference. The rattle is spot on because again, look at the video. I've also been on these buses and they are very quiet inside, Scania's are known for being well insulated with their engines on buses, bar the UK East Lancs bodied ones due to shoddy bodywork.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LT586 ()

• Just tried the game, the detail is excellent seems spot-on from how I remember Berlin. But the acceleration is a little off, it's like whenever you push up on the keyboard it just flaws it, making it difficult to drive at a reasonable speed, should implement Omsi's braking system. Also the onboard computer was completely non responsive the first time I booted the game, had to restart since there's no quit to menu button, but was fine after that.

Otherwise all good. :thumbup: