The Bus - official information

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• Hi @Denis_W,

those are very good questions which are going into much detail:)

I guess, because we know it from FBS, passengers will react in some way to the driving. But we can't define right now how or in which stage this will be implemented.

As for obstacles on the road: we are discussing this and will give an answer in due time.

Regards

• Sorry, the link is not working for me. But yes, those sights will be visible in-game. You can drive along the Berliner Dom f.ex., which is visible on the picture of the clip.

you know what I mean by "PA" its the woman doing the announment with the bell what will be the next station

• Perhaps in the future, when the answers to the questions asked will be presented, I would like to add one more question to them :)

Will the early version have any simple player profile that takes into account the total mileage of the bus?

• Lust ah, I thought PA was short for "part" in this case. About the voice: we have not dealt with this topic yet so I can't give you information on this.

@Denis_W as you said, in the future we will have some answers to these detailed questions :)

• Lust ah, I thought PA was short for "part" in this case. About the voice: we have not dealt with this topic yet so I can't give you information on this.

@Denis_W as you said, in the future we will have some answers to these detailed questions :)

thank for the answer , however if you know something about the voices I be glad if you can update us

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Bus

Questions:

- Will we be able to add fleet numbers to our buses for our own companies (e.g. 1234) like the real BVG Berlin Buses have?

- Being as "The Bus", Fernbus and Tourist Bus are all using the same game engine, will the PC requirements be the same/similar?

- Will "The Bus" have all the same features as Fernbus and Tourist Bus at full launch (After Early Access)?

- Will we be able to customise our Character (e.g. Male/Female) Looks and Bodily features, more than the simple Character picker we have now?

- Will we see Flixbuses in "The Bus" and the citybuses in Fernbus/Tourist Bus?

- Will the main bus depots be fully dynamic (e.g. AI busses arrive, disembark passengers, board new passengers and the leave the station again)?

- Can the engine bay/maintenance access doors be opened up and looked at/into?

Kind Regards.

• Hello PeterS At the moment it is still too early to be able to make any concrete statements.

Thanks for replying :) And hoping for the best :)

As for one, it would probably grant you more customers - the question is whether the extra development time worth it. If the two-man Oriolus team was able to pull it off, then maybe it's not that big of a stretch. I have an Oculus Rift, and every time I start Fernbus Simulator, the intro video plays the sound through the Oculus's speakers (even though it's not the default sound device) - the Unreal engine just wants to be in VR. :)

Anyway, I hope you will implement it, and best of luck, it's going to be an awesome simulator! :)

• PeterS it is not about the size of the team that matters, but about the development process. VR was not a planned feature in the beginning of the production of The Bus, thus the game would never be fully optimized for VR and it would be too expensive to overhaul the entire asset pool, camera, speed of movement and gameplay for an optimized VR experience. We've made some VR showcases lately - after we started the production of The Bus three years ago - thus we learned what needs to be done before you start a project in VR.

So, if there would be a VR option for The Bus, it would certainly not be well optimized at all and currently we're not sure if we would be ok with that as in "really bad VR is better than no VR."

• Hello community and developers.

I bought two games Tourist bus simulator , Fernbus coach simulator very interesting simulators, real with nice graphics. One on an island with an economy mode, the second simulator European countries, I really like the map locations and the features in the game.

Project work progress The bus impresses with the detail of the roads, the diversity of the city and the beautiful Scania bus, I am very much looking forward to the Early Access version to support the development of this game :)

• I am a bus constructor, so I decided to buy these simulators MBO530

A friend showed me the games, I started to be interested in the company and these games. It's very nice that this forum exists and there are colleagues here who design and know buses very well.

I have already ordered a LOGITECH G 29 steering wheel, waiting for delivery, I think that driving such vehicles is best done using the pedals and the entire turn on the steering wheel.

Thank you for a nice reception in a noble group. I will try to show photos, discuss projects, possibly mistakes and ideas.

I think that expanding the games with new terrains and buses will be very good for everyone. THE BUS reminds me a lot of driving the MAN LION COACH 3 RD bus in real life.

When I was helping with the bus's computer, I was asked to take a course on how the display, behave in practice. I followed a similar route presented by THE BUS, which are nice memories. :)

• PeterS it is not about the size of the team that matters, but about the development process. VR was not a planned feature in the beginning of the production of The Bus, thus the game would never be fully optimized for VR and it would be too expensive to overhaul the entire asset pool, camera, speed of movement and gameplay for an optimized VR experience. We've made some VR showcases lately - after we started the production of The Bus three years ago - thus we learned what needs to be done before you start a project in VR.

So, if there would be a VR option for The Bus, it would certainly not be well optimized at all and currently we're not sure if we would be ok with that as in "really bad VR is better than no VR."

mk0 Thank your the prompt reply - you don't always get the chance to talk to developers. I understand that you don't want to cram incomplete functions into a payware product. Let me ask if you could if you build upon in what's already in the sim, and you see any possibility that at least we get the option to adjust the field-of-view? There are workarounds with Vorpx and Opentrack to run even Fernbus Simulator in VR, but it's useless without a field-of-view of around 110. Fernbus already has the option to move between 60-90, but the slider doesn't do anything (seemingly it doesn't matter what you set it to), and 90 a little too less for VR anyway. If we could get the option to actually change that value, and get it up to around 110ish (probably with framerate punishment, but that's fine), VR users could have what they'd like, without you having to do much coding and restructuring - everyone would be happy. You could also cover yourself, and label the FOV slider like 'High FOV setting may lead to rapid performance loss'. I was always baffled by the existence of the FOV slider in Fernbus - if it's there, why doesn't it to anything? I know your are not going to commit to anything, but at least consider it, please. Thank you! :)

• .... Fernbus already has the option to move between 60-90, but the slider doesn't do anything (seemingly it doesn't matter what you set it to), and 90 a little too less for VR anyway. If we could get the option to actually change that value, and get it up to around 110ish (probably with framerate punishment, but that's fine), ....

In Fernbus Sim, you can manually enter the FOV value, such as 110.

20200920152739_1.jpg

Compare the view between 90 and 110 in FOV.

90:

20200920152718_1.jpg

110:

20200920152803_1.jpg