Early Access for The Bus: Your questions, feedback and reports

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!
  • I have noticed that lately most of the community members have questions related to the «The Bus» simulator. And I decided to create this topic so that many of you could discuss these issues here, without creating new topics on the forum every time. Moreover, there is not much time left before the release, and I am sure this topic will be relevant :)

• DenisVarlamov88

Changed the title of the thread from “General Discussions «The Bus»” to “General questions about The Bus”.
  • Quarney

Changed the title of the thread from “General questions about The Bus” to “Early Access for The Bus: Your questions and reports”.
  • Please note:

There will be an in-game reporting function in The Bus from the start of Early Access. With the F1 it will be possible to create a report with a screenshot and precise location information so that our colleagues can easily find the relevant issue. This is then sent directly to our bug tracker. However, a precise description of the bug is important.

• Please note:

There will be an in-game reporting function in The Bus from the start of Early Access. With the F1 it will be possible to create a report with a screenshot and precise location information so that our colleagues can easily find the relevant issue. This is then sent directly to our bug tracker. However, a precise description of the bug is important.

nice!

• Shows your dedication TML to make this a proper simulator. Can’t wait. I have been on the fence for ages but seeing the enjoyment staunch OMSI gamers have for this. Is something to behold

What the time you have there dread? 12 o Clock Natty. :thumbup:

• Hi,

Will in-game reporting (F1 key) be extended to include the ability to attach a file such as "Crashes".zip. ?

I have already experienced a sudden game shutdown after trying to start from an edited new route and then the report cannot be sent using F1 key.

• Found a little issue, you cant change key assignments when already driving in a active game, as in your driving you pause goto options and controls to change a key binding then it will simply not accept new keys, and this is only for steering wheels / controllers keyboard bindings will change but from Wheels or controllers it wont.

Also can we please get a speed limiter so you dont get over the speed limit option in the sim, i find that you go over the speed limit really quick.

• Shows your dedication TML to make this a proper simulator.

To be frank, there's a very long way ahead of the team if their plan really is delivering a proper simulator that would have a chance to dethrone OMSI. Right now it feels like a dumbed down bus driving game, sort of like the pervious titles. And I know, it's only been like one and a half hours since launch, and it's only the beginning of the EA phase, but still, the bar is set really high when it comes to the simulation aspect (physics, sounds, gearbox, motion, sense of speed, etc.)

I'm curious. A bit skeptical, but excited to see where this journey takes us.

• Just started playing. Here are my first remarks: (Playing on keyboard)

- Braking is too sensitive. If you tap the brake ever so slightly it will brake fully even activating ABS. Would like to see OMSI style of braking

- AI pedestrians don't wait for the doors to be fully open to enter/exit the bus; they walk through the door

- The horn sound cuts off and seems to start with delay after holding H

- AI vehicles cut you off all the time when turning into your lane from a road coming from the right

- Playing on fullscreen-windowed borderless. I tabbed out to write this post and when I tried to tab back in the game froze (I was on the pause menu)

• I agree braking is too sensitive no matter what control you use, noticed the same thing with the AI going through the doors. I find the horn a bit of a let down right now with sound to begin with but it's early access so it will most likely be replaced. AI vehicles cut me off too a couple times.

• The simulator is designed for a good computer :!:

Many have written that the requirements are the same as those of TBS and Fernbus, but this is not the case.

It was difficult for me to drive even at medium settings. Despite the fact that in TBS I went to Epic.

I didn't like the braking sound of the bus. The bus itself brakes very sharply, and the sound of braking is delayed. It's not very good.

I have not yet been able to reach the end due to some problems.

I made a video. At this point, the car stopped in the middle of the road and did not let the others pass.

:!:This moment is in the video 00:34

When I tried to move another car off the road, the fps dropped to 3 and some strange sound appeared. Look at here:

If you leave the seat, the freeze disappears.

• Future optimizations should hopefully be able to work. TML already have performance optimization updates planned for Phase 1.0 of early access and beyond as development continues. My game crashed twice so far, but I just completed a full run. TML are surely working on it :)

• I find the Minimap not always updating fast enough, sometimes you have to turn but it doesnt show it and you end up going straight into a dead end and have to turn around again. Eventually when you know the route it wont be such an issue but if you just start it will be a problem each time.