Early Access for The Bus: Your questions, feedback and reports

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!
  • What is nice is it's a stable game, unlike a competitor (although outdated) This is a welcome, for an early access it hits all the right buttons, and a lot of players are keen to see more which is a good thing. I've personally disabled the auto eye correction because although it made for really nice sunsets, it was overall washing out the colours of the game, too over exposed! It really doesn't need to be on, find a way to have great Sunsets / Sunrise without over exposing the look.

Other feedback is the driving physics. Scania's are very powerful, which is half represented but again the ZF and DC9 Engine curves need to be adjusted.

https://buses.cardekho.com/bus…a/citywide/specifications

This is for the 12m but the 18m utilises the same specs

What the time you have there dread? 12 o Clock Natty. :thumbup:

• Because it has been a work in progress and our 3D artists have chosen against it. The pic you showed has been one of the older ones from the early stages of The Bus a couple of years ago. Regards

• Hello Guys!

I would like to ask about the controller support. I've read on the Roadmap that Full controller support will be available in the EA 2.

But is it possible to play the game now with e.g. Xbox Controller? I'm asking this because I haven't got any controller yet, but I want buy one later. So I would like to know is it worth to buy it now or not.

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day. :)

Steve

• Hi besenyei.pisti,

we will offer full controller support indeed from phase 2 on. Right now, some controllers work already but we can't guarantee it. If you wanna be safe, wait for it a little, but sooner or later, you will be able to use your future controller in-game.

• Hi besenyei.pisti,

we will offer full controller support indeed from phase 2 on. Right now, some controllers work already but we can't guarantee it. If you wanna be safe, wait for it a little, but sooner or later, you will be able to use your future controller in-game.

Dear Quarney ,

Thank you so much for your reply. You helped me a lot.

I plan to buy an Xbox Controller in the near future.

And thank you guys for your hard work! The game is great! I can't wait for the next updates and versions. :)

• Can you please include children and teenagers as passengers and in the world as well of the game ?

Also I noticed with The Bus and Fernbus and Tourist, there too many passengers that look the same and the ones too walking in the world. Can you please fix this issue ?

• Hello everyone!

So, first of all, I bought The Bus today and I was very pleased on the first half an hour I played.

It's very great being incentived to give feedback so here I go:

1 - Even though physics aren't that bad, it would be great to see a better aproximation to OMSI physics. e.g.: Low-speed manouvering and the initial pull from 0km/h feels clunky and not that realistic. / When we get to some speed we should be able to visualize a bit more the bus body wobbling and leaning on the bumpy road. Just hoping at least the first e.g. gets some work on.

2 - Performance could be a bit better, I haven't had much problems rather than 1 or 2 bigger FPS breaks but the performance could indeed be a bit better. ( I see on trello that you are already working on this, great! :) )

3 - I think the cockpit of the bus could be a bit more complete, closer to reality with all (or 99%) of the buttons working.

4 - I get some bugs with lighting even when stopped. Sometimes a lamp turns on by my side when it's midnight (maybe a render problem) and many times trees don't cast their shadow on the ground until I pass really close to them which gives a weird effect.

5 - It would be nice to have two "steering" modes, one "realistic" where the ingame steering wheel turns as it does in real life corresponding to the % of turning we are giving on our wheel and one "arcade" which works 1:1 with the steering-wheel ingame.

6 - The sounds of the main buses engines are a main problem. They need to be reworked. The interior sounds are great IMO, only the engine (and retarder) sounds in and out of the bus should be reworked.

7 - I'd love to see some older buses in the game too. Also, please let the community make their own buses and bus mods.

8 - I really think the 1:1 concept is fantastic, this could extend to some other cities and I would pay for some GOOD QUALITY map (or map + buses) DLCs e.g. Lisbon / Oporto / Rome / Geneva

9 - This game has enormous potential and if you guys can listen to community and make things happen, you can take over the Bus Sim genre. Expecting only the best from now on :D

Thanks for your attention,

Bruno