Early Access for The Bus: Your questions, feedback and reports

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!
  • I have had the game for a couple of days and these are the reports i have to make so far.. Apart from the bugs (which is to be expected) the game is really good!

1. When I was trying to assign the different keys to the keys on my Logitech G920 steering wheel everytime I set something I would get the key binding

conflict message even though there was nothing else binded to this key. Once I clicked accept it did work fine. Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/5df8afca5f14b5e4c2eea846e74cbe09

2. On some occasions when assigning controls to my Logitech G920 wheel, a couple of times when I clicked accept the controls still hadn't registered. And also when I booted the game up for the second time I lost all my bindings I had set.

3. The AI traffic passing red lights and junctions going into the side of me on a few occasions. I have attached video evidence:

and

4. This isn't so much a bug but i find the bus lanes to small and I end up mounting the curb quite a lot so I'm not hovering over into the normal road.

• Quarney

Changed the title of the thread from “Early Access for The Bus: Your questions and reports” to “Early Access for The Bus: Your questions, feedback and reports”.
  • It's now been 9 hours of play on The Bus. I discover the TXL line which is represented spectacularly. I am like a real bus driver, selling tickets, respecting the highway code. I have enjoyed playing since the game was released. I often take the bus in reality via Citaro buses. I am now impatiently awaiting phase 2, new bus and new line, 200 which will be very interesting to travel. it is really a very good job.:)<3

• Today, using the latest EA version, I encountered an issue with the timeline. Departure and arrival time (22:36) were the same for all the stops.

When I reached the last stop, end of tour was not detected. Destination was shown as "None".

I then went back to the main menu and selected a new start time, but I was taken to the end of route screen right after I clicked "Start".

• Please change the way that mouse steering works. I find it really difficult to have to check in the corner of the screen to know how hard I'm braking for example.

OMSI I think has a good implementation of mouse steering. A visible cursor on the screen that makes it much easier to use.

Of course this is just my opinion on the matter, but for me mouse steering is nearly unusable for me as it works now.

• Enjoying the game so far. There are some minor bugs that I’m sure that will be fixed but overall it’s really impressive what the base game offers right now in terms of performance and graphics, if the modding tools become real (maps, vehicles, assets...) and the physics are tweaked a little bit I think that most of the OMSI users will jump in for sure.

Just one little feature request (maybe it’s on the list) are there plans to make the passengers per stop as a settable parameter? I mean via modding tools per stop or as an overall setting via game menu? It feels a little bit off that there are passengers at every single bus stop.

Thanks!

• Enjoying the game so far. There are some minor bugs that I’m sure that will be fixed but overall it’s really impressive what the base game offers right now in terms of performance and graphics, if the modding tools become real (maps, vehicles, assets...) and the physics are tweaked a little bit I think that most of the OMSI users will jump in for sure.

Just one little feature request (maybe it’s on the list) are there plans to make the passengers per stop as a settable parameter? I mean via modding tools per stop or as an overall setting via game menu? It feels a little bit off that there are passengers at every single bus stop.

Thanks!

I also noted that when reaching the latest stops from the route, many passengers still want to board. On OMSI, as you approached the end of the route, fewer passengers that wanted a ride were appearing.

• Angustruck Glad, that you already enjoy the game. Feel free to use the in-game feedback tool to report any bugs you encounter. The more tickets we get for the same issue the more likely it will be that we fix it (sooner).

Regarding passenger embarkation and disembarkation frequency: Yes, it is adjustable in the UE4 Game Editor how many people are waiting at a particular bus stop. We will also add more parameters to the bus stops. At the moment too many passengers exit the vehicle at bus stops where they usually wouldn't disembark én mass in real life and at others where they should they don't.

There will also be sliders for overall passengers and ticket sales but at a later phase of the Early Access.

TurryBoeing the Lighting will probably be adjusted along with the Early Access as a lot of people are complaining about it being too bright at the moment.

• Increase your resolution scale to 150 or in the DefaultEngine.ini (find Line 271) Auto Exposure and change True to False. Albeit it’ll make the environment really dark, the lighting looks more authentic, just the buildings aren’t illuminated which isn’t true to life anyway.

What the time you have there dread? 12 o Clock Natty. :thumbup:

• Increase your resolution scale to 150 or in the DefaultEngine.ini (find Line 271) Auto Exposure and change True to False. Albeit it’ll make the environment really dark, the lighting looks more authentic, just the buildings aren’t illuminated which isn’t true to life anyway.

that resolution scaling is not a good idea when you have not a powerful pc or you run the game already in 1440p or 4K. I run the game in 1440p and when i put 150% i get 14 fps. Normally i get 35-40fps. I can only put it to 110% max. Just thought i would say it :)

• I run the game at 150 resolution scaling, 1440p+ and I get decent performance on a RTX 2060 equivalent but because there are also downsides to LT586 's solution (environment too dark) I'll just wait until we get that lighting update. Hopefully that update will also translate to better lighting in Fernbus in future.

• I run the game at 150 resolution scaling, 1440p+ and I get decent performance on a RTX 2060 equivalent but because there are also downsides to LT586 's solution (environment too dark) I'll just wait until we get that lighting update. Hopefully that update will also translate to better lighting in Fernbus in future.

I have a gtx 1660 ti, that's why I made that message :)

• hadi

Nice :) I remember getting around 110 resolution scale in Fernbus on a GTX 1060 (3GB) with your framerate but that was in Fernbus. Surely your graphics card is more powerful than that, maybe lower down the mirror quality? It might just be The Bus that is more demanding though.

• hadi

Nice :) I remember getting around 110 resolution scale in Fernbus on a GTX 1060 (3GB) with your framerate but that was in Fernbus. Surely your graphics card is more powerful than that, maybe lower down the mirror quality? It might just be The Bus that is more demanding though.

In fernbus and tourist bus i can easily set the game to 150% on my GPU. The bus is more demanding that's for sure. Mirrors are always the first thing i change in every TML game. But i'm happy. 1440p everything on max except mirrors and 110% scaling and still getting a good 35-40fps on average. I'm happy :):thumbsup:

• Hello.

I would like to know if the sun-blind, for when you have the sun directly ahead and you can´t see. is implemented on the cockpit of the bus. Is there any button? Where to click on the cockpit to put the sun-blind down?

• Hello everyone, I would like to know if the phase 2 which is under development includes the bus depot and the bus lines 100 and 200? Will a Man bus be included? this game is pure wonder. <3

Hi MarcFRA - please read the EA roadmap: The Bus EA Roadmap, as this already answers your questions.

Best Regards.