Update 1.5 of the Early Access of The Bus is now available as BETA for testing.
Some crashes have been fixed, the interaction of the busses’ doors now require you to look at the door wings instead of somewhere in the air in order to close or open the doors and the bus stop at Tegel Airport has been updated to allow the upcoming doppeldecker busses to be able to stop at the bus stop.
For the full detailed list of changes, please, see the changelog below.
Please create backup copies of your savegame files before switching to the EA BETA Update. Savegames may not be compatible with the new version of the game.
ATTENTION: This is a BETA update. Technical problems, instability of the game as well as bugs during gameplay can be possible.
How to install the beta version of the update?
- In your Library, you click with the right mouse button on the entry of the "The Bus"
- In the drop-menu, you click on the entry "Properties"
- In the window "The Bus - Properties" you select the tab "BETAS"
- In the field "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" select the entry "beta-beta"
- Now you can close the window and the beta version of the update should download right away
- After downloading the update you can start The Bus via the "PLAY" button
In the main menu should now be the corresponding version number of the beta version of the update and you can test the update
Changelog 0.9.43172 EA Beta
- Known issue: The busses kneeling and lifting does not work*
- Fixed a crash in the Line Editor
- Fixed a crash in the Feedback Reporter
- Updated the interaction of bus doors (you now have to click directly on the door wing to either open or close the doors)
- Updated Scania Citywide’s yellow bodywork colour
- Updated Tegel airport bus stop
- Optimized traffic ai vehicle performance**
- Fixed a bug in ai traffic that caused vehicles to drive into one another
- Fixed passengers getting stuck in certain situations
- Optimized performance of interaction components**
- Fixed Scania Citywide’s windows being able to be opened from the outside
Changelog 0.9.43206 EA Beta
- Fixed a freeze when selecting another vehicle in the vehicle selection*
- Fixed passengers getting stuck in certain situations (again)*
- Navigation pathfinding and rendering updated
- Added zoom into and out of player character and smoothed existing zoom
Changelog 0.9.43366 EA Beta
- Fixed some crashes
- Fixed kneeling and lifting*
- Added profile management in the main menu
- Added manual kneeling control via a button on the dashboard
- Time skip will now forward time until 10 seconds before departure instead of 60
- Fixed navigation disappearing*
- Fixed navigation issue at Turmstrasse*
- Passenger AI improvements added
- Fixed passenger clustering when disembarking
- Navigation improvements added
- Fixed doors not closing in arcade mode*
Changelog 0.9.43438 EA Beta
- Fixed additional crashes
- Fixed passengers getting stuck inside the vehicle
- Improved distance field performance
- Additional passenger fixes
- Fixed ai traffic not continue to drive near bus stop Charité - Campus Mitte*
- Fixed profile statistics on the first route of a tour*
- Added passenger door control clearance via a button on the dashboard or via the F7 key
- Fixed doors not reporting status in some situations
- Fixed profile savegame synchronisation and deleting savegames*
Changelog 0.9.43453 EA Beta
- Fixed missing streets at depot Indira-Gandhi-Strasse*
- Updated streaming distances
Changelog 0.9.43504 EA Beta
- Removed vehicle proxies, thus “fixed” vehicles driving into one another*
- Updated passenger navigation inside vehicles
- Fixed a bug in the world map zoom level and position
*Only occurred during the BETA test of this update
** Please, be aware that the impact of performance optimisations varies from system to system due to hardware configurations, installed software, and other programs running in the background