Fernbus Coach Simulator: Your wishes and ideas

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!
  • La

Bonjour!

Vous voudrez peut-être quelque chose comme un mode économique, non? Nous prévoyons cela, mais nous ne pouvons pas encore dire quelles fonctions il comportera, ce n'est absolument pas aussi compliqué que TouristBus. Restez simplement tourné pour plus d'informations à l'avenir!

Meilleures salutations merci

• Hello;

There are things i want to say as always. :) If i was the man who decides in TML Studios, i would leave all the things about new DLC or new game and do these things first:

1. AI Works:

a) AI Behaviour: This really needs to be improved, three games along with the Bus and still they are so behind of the rival game AI behaviours. They change lanes just in front of our vehicle, hit each other from behind while waiting at the lights (Accidens would occur but not everytime), hit your bus while coming to highway from the sideroad without checking and giving road, when you open blinker to change lane, suddenly they occur and no slow down at all (sure when you check distance and give blinker on time, i am driver for 14 years on roads). There are more things to write like stuck at intersections etc.

No takeovers truly. Especially single lane roads are fun to drive, sure in real life it is dangerous but in the game, we all wanna drive such exciting roads more than highways. However, we almost never come across any car in front to take over or cars behind us never pass our bus. Plus, there is always a traffic steam from the opposite lane in such roads, hard to pass.

b) AI Models: We never see a new AI model in the games, how many years left behind but still The Bus will come with the same AI models. There should be added new models, some old car models etc. Plus i don't like their colours, we don't see that much gold or light blue cars etc on roads, it would be better if better colours and also not like metallic colours. All look like that, also quality seems low. It becomes boring to see. Not so important for the base but for enjoy, it needs to be improved as detail.

2. Map Improvement:

It would be good to be able to select our route in the map. The roads we prefer to be selected. At least, let us select Break points/Restaurants so that navigation will draw the road. In such game, it is important feature and i am sure you can do that. It is not super extra wish i guess :)

3. Economy System:

We know that TML is working to bring a simple economy system already. It is so important to make the game alive. You said a simple one will come but it would be nice if it is a little good system to force us to select true route and bus options etc.

4. Sounds:

We know that TML is working on this issue, however, give it a little bit higher priority before any DLC or new game. It will be useful for the future too already.

5. Bus Physics:

Actually i am ok with the latest improvements but people still complain, so it can be improved a little bit more.

6. Live Cities

I actually don't care passengers come in or out of bus by walking but would be nice to see people in the cities. Another suggestion, put some signs on the stores in the languages of the countries. It gives more alive city atmosphere, like Butcher, Dream Fashion Store etc.

7. Flags:

Not something important ^^ But it annoys me, in 2020, the flags in the game seems so ugly and artificial, improve its look and animation please :D:D

For now, this is what i am thinking, additions might be later :))

• Sorry to post this here but this vehicle simulation module needs adjustment.

The steering is correct when you set it up as the G27 Plugin for UE4 actually responds as it should, but the vehicle response is very slow, the steering needs to be improved, the overall response of the pedals need to be better. The retarder should be active regardless, it's a 24tonne vehicle......... It needs that extra stopping power.

Come on guys, seriously.

What the time you have there dread? 12 o Clock Natty. :thumbup:

• Hamshentsi As far as I know, work is currently underway on all this, it is very important for Fernbus, all players want to see in the game improved traffic intelligence, an updated look for traffic, an economic company and pedestrians in cities. This is all great for us players, but on the other hand, you need to understand that TML-Studios is a small studio and they need the means for subsistence and development, which is why new DLC and games are coming out. If you look around, you will see how larger studios are closing, as they lack funding. It is necessary to consider not only our desires, but also the capabilities of the developers. These are very difficult times, but TML-Studios continue to work, it deserves respect.

• I know and i understand but these things will attract people to sell base game more and then DLC's and new game can come easier as base is ready.

I don't think this studio also big but AI is important. I love Fernbus already playing 600 hours almost, i want it to be improved more and more.

• Hi Hamshentsi

I agree with all your thoughts. I have been trying to explain these for months.

I am not particularly satisfied with physics. Because buses and trucks are vehicles with very good suspensions. TML works in a difficult area because it is very difficult to make a simulation game. But the Unreal Engine game engine is a beautiful game engine that offers a lot of convenience. The game has a future, but optimization, personification, realistic engine sounds, economic system, realistic suspensions should be added to the game as soon as possible. I have been playing the game for 166 hours until now and now I am bored. I play the game for 3-4 days at most with new DLCs. We do our best help. I hope everything will be more beautiful.

• Hi Hamshentsi

I agree with all your thoughts. I have been trying to explain these for months.

I am not particularly satisfied with physics. Because buses and trucks are vehicles with very good suspensions. TML works in a difficult area because it is very difficult to make a simulation game. But the Unreal Engine game engine is a beautiful game engine that offers a lot of convenience. The game has a future, but optimization, personification, realistic engine sounds, economic system, realistic suspensions should be added to the game as soon as possible. I have been playing the game for 166 hours until now and now I am bored. I play the game for 3-4 days at most with new DLCs. We do our best help. I hope everything will be more beautiful.

You are right but i never get bored, i used to play such simulation with the main aim like Flight Simulator for many years. Eventually it is a simulator to drive a coach and with the latest improvements, it enjoys me, i just wanna make it better. I like driving MAN and Setra buses, being on the road, highways and taking passengers with good view is making me happy.

I recently bought France and it satisfies me, really enjoyable to drive. I open Flixbus application on phone, check the routes from the latest bus stop i am in and set real route with real trip number, also check to select real buses which that company has and hit the roads :)) Ah sometimes opening a radio station according to my taste in the background via Mozilla :))

• You are right but i never get bored, i used to play such simulation with the main aim like Flight Simulator for many years. Eventually it is a simulator to drive a coach and with the latest improvements, it enjoys me, i just wanna make it better. I like driving MAN and Setra buses, being on the road, highways and taking passengers with good view is making me happy.

I recently bought France and it satisfies me, really enjoyable to drive. I open Flixbus application on phone, check the routes from the latest bus stop i am in and set real route with real trip number, also check to select real buses which that company has and hit the roads :)) Ah sometimes opening a radio station according to my taste in the background via Mozilla :))

I sometimes get bored because I traveled all over Germany and France with all buses. If the personification options and the economic system are added to the game, we will have a game that we do not repeat the same things. I'm a person who gets bored quickly. Of course, the game is very nice and fun, but it needs improvement.:):thumbsup:

• I'm bored playing after 1000 hours of driving.

If only the sounds of the bus were similar to real life

Then I could ride longer, it doesn't matter where, because I can listen to these sounds endlessly.

• @up

The word "soon" means nothing. It can be a month or a year. It's just your faith and wishes.

Since the announcement by TML-Studios that they are looking for external support to develop a new sound system, nothing else has been disclosed. Is there any progress in the development of the sound system?

• This year, probably, I believe in it and TML STUDIOS Gil, there will be a new function important and expected by players, i.e.

MANUAL GEAR , CLUTCH :):thumbup: I'm waiting for it because I know how then the game will become interesting for a huge number of players in the world.

New sounds for buses and a minibus are a great question juls2008 that someone can answer TML STUDIOS Quarney more boldness and openness for us please :):thumbup:

• Hi juls2008,

sorry for your frustration, but we are working on it. We had this discussion several times now, we will disclose things, when there is something to disclose.

We are simultaneously working on FBS, TBS and The Bus, putting out updates and other stuff, so you'll probably understand that things take time for a small team like ours. And there is this pandemic thing, which is slowing things down as well ?( Especially when you are working with external partners. BTW, for the sounds, the colleague we are partnering up with needs to go outside to record them. This is not very recommendable since a couple of weeks, as you probably also understand.

So please be patient, we are working on actually all the things you have mentioned.

Best regards

• I am patient and wait but ... I did not mean physically how to hear the sounds, but their variety, because it can be heard correctly, for example on buses in OMSI 2. Chassis sounds when driving even on slight road irregularities, pneumatic hissing, sounds drive axle, wheels and other chassis components, clear retarder sounds. All these sounds must be activated exactly at the right moment of driving. I miss this precision in the game compared to OMSI 2. I don't know how it works in the game, but if it's a sound scripting system, it should be improved here.

• Quarney Gil has the OMSI 2 game and he can hear the sound on various buses there, this is the expected sound, we'll wait patiently as your friend will be able to record buses in the field and then add this sound to the game in accordance with synchronization, good sound is of great importance, all the more that manual gear is planned for this year from what I know :):thumbup:

• Martin 40 Bus I can understand your wishes very well. Please note, however, that the buses in OMSI are mostly older. Therefore, the engines sound is more robust and powerful there. Modern buses like those we have in the Fernbus Simulator do not sound as powerful in reality anymore and the engine sound is more subtle. ;)

• Martin 40 Bus I can understand your wishes very well. Please note, however, that the buses in OMSI are mostly older. Therefore, the engines sound is more robust and powerful there. Modern buses like those we have in the Fernbus Simulator do not sound as powerful in reality anymore and the engine sound is more subtle. ;)

As it is a must for comfort, who would love to go 15 hours with such sound :))

this is not entirely true, see the movies here shows Kadimbey Daniel F juls2008 , new buses that we have in the game like MAN LION COACH, Neoplan, Setra all bus each sound definitely louder and have these sounds different, you can hear the engine, gears, brakes, which is why TML STUDIOS is to change the program to the sound of the game, the sounds of buses are to be recorded live and added to the game, which I write here Quarney