Fernbus Coach Simulator: Your wishes and ideas

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• I too agree with you

on the consumption for gasoline that we have to stop to take gasoline, that will give a little more realistic ..

on the sale of drinks chips etc ... that must be bought at a rest area at the gas station

with drinks, chips etc ...

and on AI traffic

I would like to have coaches and buses coming in to park and leave their parking lots.

in a station, car park, etc.

I would like to have cars which park, and which leave their parking lot

especially this point that I would like to have in priorities.

cars can back up on certain streets in towns.

because when you turn on a small narrow street, the car defies it annoys for past and that's why we should make sure that the cars can back up and not move forward

if it is possible for AI traffic, it should be done on the 3 fernbus games, tourits bus and the bus

• Dear TML Team (and all and one),

Greetings! I so adore the immersion of your prized simulator. It is far more evocative of the long distance coach/bus experience than anything else out there. Overnight I uninstalled ETS2, with its boxy every-city-is-the-same look; the MarioKart-esque graphic rendering; the crappy modding. ANYWAY, I have some ideas for Fernbus:

The premise of Fernbus seems to be you're the driver, the captain of the vehicle. Move passengers successfully from Point A to Point B. Get some points. Well and good, Perfect, for a first premise,

Yet the concept of coach driving can be further sub-divided into various realms. One should show competence across these various realms--this leads to good personal reputation for the driver; and fine (eventual) promotion, maintains the reputation of the company which enhances the popularity of its choice as the go-to carrier among customers. This goes for real-life, and might therefore go for the simulator driver and his/her experience.
    Translating this from real life into aspects that lead to an even more engaging Fernbus Sim experience, let me suggest these:

Realm of PERSONAL ADMINISTRATION

1. A log book. How can we talk about anything else first when it comes to long haul driving? I think in EU the driving hours are 9 in a 24 hour period. A log book should therefore be maintained. It was a feature of the prototypical truck driving sims such as Pedal to the Metal. With regards long treks ranging further than a 9 hour single shift, there can be two options: a time lapse where another driver drives the next stage--human driver "rests," resuming when clear to do so. This could be an 'optional option' if coded into the game--with ability to turn this stage driving feature on or off. That is important since some people, like me, love putting in 7 hours of real game time to complete every beautiful mile in an even 24 hour trek--alone. Not realistic, should never happen in real life; but this is simulated life, and reality is therefore allowed to take a pause.

But there could be stages or shifts in driving to add realism and a measure of needing to show good personal administration in terms of planning one's driving hours. Pre-arranged before departure, a two-driver system (with AI driver 'onboard' from starting point) could be used as a feature. AI driver takes over from time to time, as is necessary; time lapses as human driver logs rest... .

2. Courtesy and Professionalism. Points should be awarded for good passenger and customer interaction. This leads to a concept of handling missing passengers, and, let's be dramatic--medical emergencies. Someone who is unwell should be given appropriate level of aid--even transfer to ambulance for comprehensive medical care. So sick passengers seems like a reasonable place to start--it happens in real life, with even a pregnancy coming to fruition in the fullest way, yes--a live birth--on board a coach in Australia some years ago. A live birth aspect in-game may scare the children. But a general "Driver, can we stop? I am feeling unwell" might be enough. Taking action swiftly and conscientiously to aid the passenger would then score the Human Driver some points.

3. Good Samaritan/Road Sharer Behaviour. Reputation points might be awarded for positive in-traffic transactions, such as giving way at those switch-backs in and around Bern and Oberhof. Helping with roadside breakdown by stopping and offering assistance, just as happens time and time again--to help fellow travelers seems to be the gift, the natural instinct and inclination of most professional drivers the world over, and opportunity to show this would surely be a worthy feature of any quality Sim.

4. Specialized Service. There are no children passengers! There should be--and they must have the right documents of authority to permit travel, including carrying the name, address and contact of people they are meant to be traveling to see. This would add another aspect to the doc and ticket checking aspect already coded.

5. Appropriate care and handling of disabled or elderly, the blind. For when the buses accommodate disabled passengers, as we see in Bus Driver style games, driver would need to show ability in operating the wheelchair deck, etc., and failure to get it right would result in deduction in points overall to reflect on relative competency.

Realm of MECHANICAL COMPETENCY

Pre and Post Checks. Apart from getting along with people and offering conscientious and appropriate service/care to passengers, the professional driver needs to have the basics down. An option to run through a pre-leaving checklist, making sure fuel, battery, coolant, oil, brakes, electrical, etc etc, are all in order would be pretty simple to code and lead to a greater sense of efficacy in application of mechanical principles, and lead to a deeper sense of anticipation in starting the trip. A post-trip check, too, could be scripted. Admittedly these are a little time-consuming (albeit present in real-life) the fastidious side of driving coaches. But would add an aspect of complexity in-game counterpart to the real requirements and protocols of real-world drivers.
    Emergency Mechanical Aspect. A blow out, a flat tire, overheating engine (here we would need to politely remind supportive high profile companies such as MAN that this is nothing personal!) Difficulty in the air system making brakes lock on (mine for some reason lock on ANYWAY! Let's all experience the pain!) And how to best deal with these eventualities--or call for a replacement coach. This would be a moderately exciting and pretty dramatic element enhancing one's engagement positively with real life driving challenges. Flat tires can be changed--did you put out the markers to warn traffic of the breakdown environment? (Did you remember to pack the warning triangles at pre-check?)

"Realms" of Personal Interest and Realism

From the get-go Flightgear, the open source flight sim, incorporated three aspects that we might consider here. One is real world weather, using a small set of scripts to access METAR values, those weather values related to flight which then dictate certain steps a competent pilot should go through to manage flight dynamics in-flight. For the driver, up-to-date information about rain, snow, flood, sleet or blood-drying drought can be accessed from weather servers, thence appropriate weather conditions can be triggered in-game from those values, bringing weather realism most completely to the game. (By the way--visually--when will there appear rain on my windscreen again? I have no need of the wipers....And the condensation build up on the windscreen as in the earliest incarnations of this awesome Sim? I miss those terribly!)

We might concern ourselves with real-to-life road conditions. Too much coding to script countless scenarios for traffic conditions, but basic traffic information can be gleaned from traffic servers in most World cities and even simplified but true to life representation would make this SIM POP. Traffic build up requires re-routing, and yes, it seems every time I'm in Nice, I get lost at the airport (ha!) and there is always a morning traffic jam requiring me to hop kerbs and take some bizarre steps to get the trip underway (this even with traffic density set to 38-42). Specific real world traffic scenarios could be somewhat incorporated in-game, based on current traffic information. Depending on how abstract or real, some level of what is happening in the world today traffic wise could be realized in-game.

Enhanced pPersonal Interest comes from player involvement and interaction. Steam offers some promise of that premise, but then no-one is talking. Well and good! We are too busy driving! But what might be interesting is a form of Bus RADAR. I steal this idea--ahem, no, am "inspired" by Flightgear again--from what is seen at that open source flight sim. They have a very elegant and simple set up where the Sim pilots can log into a Google (I think?) server and thus supply their simulated location, which is then plotted against a map. Cool! My bro and his bestie are about to fly out from San Fran. Wait for me, I'm coming too! Real time flights can all be seen, if one has the address to the map. Bus RADAR access in-game would follow that idea, and we could see fellow players in real-time positions as they appear on the road.

This further leads to a set of "Let's see one another" possibilities--where we can see other players driving, and even drive with them, perhaps by combining coach services during peak times of passenger transport, or running tandem schedules; or even co-operating to make connecting services connect in a coach route network (player-built or pre-built). All it would require is server space to upload the relevant information, such as model vehicle, skin, etc., and positional information with this information then accessed and delivered to other drivers as they meet one another along the autobahns. That then initiates a certain kind of thinking: a possibility of chat, even by incorporating microphone access, so that fellow drivers can talk to each other. This then takes our wonderful Sim and pulls it from the desktop and takes it more into an online frame of contextual reference, which may not be desirable necessarily. But Flightgear thrived with such a novelty, pushing it out from potential to reality. And no-one has been harmed.

So: real-world weather conditions; a seeing one another aspect. The third aspect of Flightgear was failable systems--something we have talked about already, in terms of breakdown possibilities.

Those are my ideas for now. I work on commission But freely I discuss, only wanting this to be the best damn coach sim in all of the coded worlds and the worlds beyond. Thank you for this Fernbus Simulator. I love it, I always have.

• Hi,

I would also like one day, as soon as you can do it

It's a gps voice, it would be nice to hear a pretty woman tell us to turn left in 500m

that will avoid looking at the gps lol

and then I agree with Sibelitour

on point 5, it will be necessary to put handicapped people, and to open a passage to bring up the wheelchairs.

and that you have to click a button to move up and down the podium

it would be good to renovate the games a bit in order to find the taste of playing again like the first day we bought;)

one day maybe there will be that, that would be good.

• Coach Headlights are pathetic.

Low beam seems to be like driving BUS without headlight. (Attached image for reference)

High beam would be like switching a low beam headlight.(Attached image for reference)

Coach side mirrors are of no use, it has a purpose if its been put up. Its not serving its purpose. NOTHING is VISIBLE what is there behind the bus unless and until the coach has rammed the other vehicle from which we get to know there was a accident.(Attached image for reference)

DO NOT ATTEMPT for unnecessary updates or changes, please work on the things which are really necessary to improve the game. Later you can think of newer ones. (Unnecessary new game devs, THE BUS !!!)

• good evening,

I will give you an update on the fernbus games

I've been trying to play again since Friday night to see if that motivates me a bit.

although it was no longer motivating, maybe in 2016, it was motivating.

but in 2021, it is no longer motivating to ride from point a to point b

but, there it is unplayable. I'm bored, it doesn't give the pleasure of playing anymore.

these are the ones I saw

1 / there are too many flags, so it's unplayable.

2 / not enough rest area, passengers yell every 5 minutes.

3 / all the signs indicating the names of cities, are really invisible unless you blame yourself at 1metre from the sign to see the name of the city.

and then, I fell back on the tourist bus game because I like it a bit more to earn the money, take gasoline and wash the bus and do tourist circuits and do their shopping so that the passengers can eat.

I realized that it does not decrease the goods as the route of the circuit progresses.

I have already reported this bug.

So here for this game, I don't play anymore, the thing that I liked, it bugged lol

Fortunately, there is the fernbus dlc of football which to me much more because we can wash, maintain the bus and do the races in order to bring the players to the stadium.

unfortunately, after 1 month I was starting to get bored a bit because when we had done all the stadiums in the country of Germany, we quickly looped. Doing the same stadiums 150,000 times at the beginning was motivating but now it is no longer motivating.

These are basically the ones I wanted to tell you for tonight.

I think everyone will agree,

We want for fernbus.

1 / reduce the game flags as much as possible, this is unplayable

2 / a little more rest area, where either in the passenger code tell passengers not to yell, and who wait a little longer before yelling.

I don't know how your code is, but for example here

at 3:15 a.m., it makes sense to take a rest but since there isn't enough rest area, change the time instead of putting 3:15 a.m. we grab a rest area.

3 /, we also want a way to earn money, to pay for gasoline, along the way of course.

And also when we arrive on a town, we must go to the depot while there, we cannot enter the depot

In the depot, we will be able to wash, fill in gasoline and for what not do the shopping for our future passengers. It forces us to do all that before making the trip again.

4 / try to make a little better on the graph in order to re-motivate people, there the graph really does not give the pleasure of driving and for time the graph of the tourist bus is very good,

I know it has nothing to do with this topic

But just for fernbus dlc football.

I like the games a bit more because you can take gasoline on the way, wash, maintain and sew things up for the players.

After a while, this dlc football game also gets out of hand, it's not doing the same trip 150,000 times, but when you've done all the stadiums in the country of Germany. We start not playing anymore, we went around,

Try to see if you can do a dlc fot France, where another country

So that we can do

Stade de Paris to Berlin stadium

Satade de berlin to go to satade de bordeaux where marseile etc… ..

For his 2 games there, you must do a little bit of renewal,

It is not by spanking a new map which is Belgium that will make you want to play again at fernbus

I can tell you I would like to have a map of Italy, Spain, Portugal and what for taking the boat to Corsica or England.

Unless you do other cities for dlc de France

Who will surely come one day before 2030

It's not because having new maps or new buses that will re-motivate people.

There are people who do not subscribe to the forum, they dare not say what they think.

I know that at the moment you are making the bus which will surely please me in terms of economy etc ...

Think carefully, and come back to us in 2022 to tell us that there will be a savings system on fernbus

We will earn money, to buy vehicles, wash, refuel, and maintain the coach, wash the coach and run the race before taking the passengers etc ....

We don't want small updates, we want heavy, we want a big update 10 go lol

I would be there for you motivated to make us an economy system;),

There I stop playing fernbus, it's a gameplay disaster

Fernbus dlc football, I stopped, because we are spinning in the void after having done all the stadiums.

And for bus tourits, I am quitting playing because of a bug I have reported.

Don, we wait, you do a big big fat update, I'm playing ets2 which is a bit more motivating, we can get gas, and fix the truck.

I know you are going to be sad to see this message, but someone has to tell you,

Otherwise, the updates will run on a loop, because there won't be something that will make you want to play the games again.

• hello, I tested to ride at night

i have a suggestion that should be there on the next update.

it should be a little less dark at night, so that we can better see the buses at the depot, and the road, we see absolutely nothing at all.

and then, we should put a bit of light on all the rear view mirrors of all the buses so that we can see the cars arriving on the right and left side.

and it's the same as on a tourist bus.

currently, it doesn't make you want to drive at night;)

thank you

• Is it the intention to read it in the first picture at all, I mean, it is very far away. And on the other 2 photos, you can read everything fine.

• Is it the intention to read it in the first picture at all, I mean, it is very far away. And on the other 2 photos, you can read everything fine.

you are right, picture 3 there is no point in reading the signs

image 2 is a bit blurry, it's true, it's not very useful to know the name of the town.

in order to prepare to change lanes

image 3 can be seen perfectly. we can miss the exit at the last moment, it's happened to me several times lol.

unless they make a vocal gps and that will avoid missing outings;)

and in the dark, we don't even see the signs at 200 meters, we see it at 5 meters. and i'm nice saying that

it is absolutely necessary to do something for the night, in order to see a little from afar, to make a little less dark at night.

for example

the lights at night and the mirrors should shine a bit darker so that we can clearly see the signs, cars etc.

just a suggestion

if you like it like this the signs, at night time better for you.

would not change a thing .

just a tip and a suggestion

• hello, I have a little little suggestion that will give a little more realism.

at the tolls, it will be good if we can assign a key to open the barrier.

As a bus driver; why will you have a button to open the barrier? What is realistic? If you mean to pay money, it would make sense, same like ETS2 but otherwise there is no point.

• Hello,

an idea that would be very good,

given, that we start from the depot.

That would be good, after each trip, we go back to the warehouse, and after that, we can disconnect at that time

hoping, to have this possibility during the next update

thank you

• I prefer as how it is now