Fernbus Coach Simulator: Your wishes and ideas

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• Feel free to post your wishes regarding to Fernbus Coach Simulator straight in this thread. We'll evaluate your feedback and probably implement your wishes in the future.

• Please consider to post discussions in English Fernbus Discussion.
    • Avoid off topic.
    • If you need help or technical assistance, make sure of using our support center.

Annotations:

• Will be most likely included in green.
    • Uncertain for now in orange.
    • Rejected in red. See staff comment for more details.

hello, I allow myself to re put the 1 st topic of 08/23/2016 and the author who had the great idea;)

it is to put 3 different colors.

to say the suggestions

1 / validated (green color)

2 / uncertain for the moment (orange color)

3 / this is not possible (red color).

from 6/09/2016 this option was abandoned which was very good

to see if the ideas will be included or not in the games.

and it would be nice if someone from the TML members can take 5 minutes to put the colors back on the ideas, to see if our ideas are pleasing or not.

and so we can do the same for the tourist bus and the bus.

• Guys just a simple question (IDK if was answered before) but TBS and The Bus, all the passengers walk to the bus and proceed to their seats.

Why don't we have this on FBS? Just a curiosity of mine lol

• Offizieller Beitrag

Guys just a simple question (IDK if was answered before) but TBS and The Bus, all the passengers walk to the bus and proceed to their seats.

Hey Valentina,

Its a limitation of the UE4, as the world size is larger than 20x20, you would only see pedestrians and passengers walking onto the coach in your starting city, we’re trying to find a solution for this but it’s not a priority right now.

Best Regards.

• Guys just a simple question (IDK if was answered before) but TBS and The Bus, all the passengers walk to the bus and proceed to their seats.

I know it gives some feeling but is it really so important? To see 1 sec. of pass. boarding. If it takes longer and there is a button to make them beam up directly, 99% of us would click that button. So, it is not that important. Better other things to be improved, like AI Intelligence, i will be happy if it reaches ETS2 AI level at least. Second, light rain etc. And they i counted many things before to bring if possible :))

• Hi Guys,

Long time since I was last active here. Any updates on the licensing situation with Daimler for Setra and Mercedes Benz?

Would be good if the fake brands are replaced with real ones eventually.

• I know it gives some feeling but is it really so important? To see 1 sec. of pass. boarding. If it takes longer and there is a button to make them beam up directly, 99% of us would click that button. So, it is not that important. Better other things to be improved, like AI Intelligence, i will be happy if it reaches ETS2 AI level at least. Second, light rain etc. And they i counted many things before to bring if possible :))

Was just a curiosity of mine lol since all other simulators from TML have and FBS dont

I`m more curious about the tech limitations than the practicality of things.

• Hi Hari13,

Sorry Mercedes/Daimler are difficult to negotiate with, so we don't foresee gaining the licensing anytime soon.

Best Regards.

I have to agree with this, even for ETS2 this happened. It was the last brand to make it to the game. But no worries, the new MAN Lion's Coach is a comfortable one to drive!

• I have to agree with this, even for ETS2 this happened. It was the last brand to make it to the game. But no worries, the new MAN Lion's Coach is a comfortable one to drive!

Yea but i will be ok to drive without license and fake names, Setra Top Class Series (All kind, not only DD) and Mercedes Benz Travego and Tourismo. They can be Top Class (Same way like ComfortClass DLC) and MB with fake names like The Star Travelo and Touristo :))

• If passenger animation is not important, I wonder what would be important in a game where we transport passengers.

These days I wonder why TML chose Unreal Engine for a bus simulator. The engine is so bad that it limits itself to a simple task like this.

I didn't like this answer that was published.

Fernbus will be celebrating his 5th birthday and some questions have been left out.

Sorry to say that.

I've been on this forum for many years and receiving a response like this is sad. :(X(X/

• If passenger animation is not important, I wonder what would be important in a game where we transport passengers.

These days I wonder why TML chose Unreal Engine for a bus simulator. The engine is so bad that it limits itself to a simple task like this.

They use Unreal Engine because Unreal is the cheapest and fastest production engine. With minimal effort you can produce full games or make changes to existing ones, compared to other engines. You don't even need to design props much, you can find everything you need on the market even free.

Unreal is perhaps good for FPS or RPG games, but for driving simulations it is a total waste of time and money. You can't make a good driving experience in Unreal because of its limitations. That's the reason why SCS never wanted to use it and they developed their own engine as well as Turn10 Studios for Forza Horizon. The downside is that you have to dedicate a lot of resources to develop your own engine for the game, but on the other side, you can do whatever you want without limitations.

By my opinion, developers are too into money and profits then devotion to make the best driving experience possible. That's the main problem. They don't realize the different approach would make them even bigger profits in long-term.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Daniel F  ItsMiK4

What are you talking about? Thats totally nonsense.

The engine is not limited in do such tasks. We are limited in manpower to do all the things.

They use Unreal Engine because Unreal is the cheapest and fastest production engine.

Thats wrong. The Unreal Engine is the most expensive engine we ever used. But it's totally worth it.

With minimal effort you can produce full games or make changes to existing ones, compared to other engines. You don't even need to design props much, you can find everything you need on the market even free

Thats only true for crap games. Not for "real" games.

Unreal is perhaps good for FPS or RPG games, but for driving simulations it is a total waste of time and money. You can't make a good driving experience in Unreal because of its limitations. That's the reason why SCS never wanted to use it and they developed their own engine as well as Turn10 Studios for Forza Horizon.

Thats simply not true. There is no strong fokus to any genre in the unreal engine 4. When SCS started developing ETS the UE4 doesn't exists. They never had the choice to use it. There are real racing games made by UE4 e.g. Assetto Corsa.

Which limitations you are talking about? Do you have any specific argument against the engine that is not prejustice?

The downside is that you have to dedicate a lot of resources to develop your own engine for the game, but on the other side, you can do whatever you want without limitations

Developing an own engine is not possible for us. How should we develope an engine and a game with 4 programmers in total?

By my opinion, developers are too into money and profits then devotion to make the best driving experience possible. That's the main problem. They don't realize the different approach would make them even bigger profits in long-ter

Sure, money and profits are important for us. It's simple: If we had decided to make an own engine then TML would no longer exists.

• Thats wrong. The Unreal Engine is the most expensive engine we ever used. But it's totally worth it.

I meant comparing to a newly developed one. UE is made for mass production and as such doesn't have specific features just for one game genre. Sure, you can make some great AAA arcade games like Assetto Corsa (yeah, that is not a simulation game, even some would think so), but you can't make great simulation games. Simulators are all about reality.

Zitat

Thats simply not true. There is no strong fokus to any genre in the unreal engine 4. When SCS started developing ETS the UE4 doesn't exists. They never had the choice to use it. There are real racing games made by UE4 e.g. Assetto Corsa.

That is the main "problem" with UE. It's not focused on any specific genre. Therefore you can't or it is too hard to make some specific situations and features required for some genres (like bus simulators). You're right, when SCS released ETS, UE didn't exist, but they've had a chance to switch to it few years ago, but the suggestion was spectacularly rejected, mainly because of the reasons I'm mentioning. Money was not an argument there. "On The Road" is made in UE and it is a complete trash comparing to ETS2. It doesn't even have decent graphics, not to mention gameplay itself.

Zitat

Which limitations you are talking about? Do you have any specific argument against the engine that is not prejustice?

I don't have any prejudice about UE, quite the opposite. I love it and even use it myself for some projects. If I must be specific here, I'm talking about AI behavior, optimization issues, physics, etc. I'm not saying all of this couldn't be bypassed by some extensive coding, but the job itself is way harder in UE then in an engine that would be developed specifically for those features.

Zitat

Developing an own engine is not possible for us. How should we develope an engine and a game with 4 programmers in total?

Lack of manpower is a serious issue, no doubt, but you need to understand that your customers don't care about your business problems. I work as a designer at the moment, but I'm an educated industrial manager with 15+ years of experience in business and you can fully trust me when I'm saying this. Final product is all they care about. If you want to compete, you need to overcome your issues, or someone else will take your place. Making AAA games is not a job for just 4 developers. It's simply impossible to handle for such a small team.

Zitat

Sure, money and profits are important for us. It's simple: If we had decided to make an own engine then TML would no longer exists.

If you really think this, then your managing stuff is not doing their job as they should. There are a lot of ways of funding the early development, so the statement that TML would go bankrupt if you made your own engine is, simply, not true. It's just a matter of management. Nothing is impossible in business if you have the knowledge, especially in 21st century. Resources are available for those who are willing to stand out.

I'm sorry, didn't want to go off topic with this, but some answers really surprised me. It was never my intention to insult or discredit anyone, just had an opinion, based on my extensive knowledge and experience, that you can do better. And I'm sure you can. If you want ;)

• Maximus it's possible, but it doesn't change my opinion that nobody can make a great car/truck/bus simulation game with pre-made game engines, because those types of games require some specific features that can't be produced in a quality manner with these all-in-one engines. Or the workaround is extremely hard and non-intuitive.

If someone proves me wrong in the future, I'd be happy to review this opinion.

• Hi Team,

I wish to see below in FERNBUS :

1. Driver holding the steering wheel and turns his/her hand according to steer angle (which is missing as of now)

2. Tilt telescopic adjustment for Coach steering wheel.

3. Wish to see Driver and passenger wearing seat belt during their journey(its missing now and doesn't do justice while driver announcing SEAT BELT WEARING COMPULSORY during travel)

I believe all the above ones are do able from TML :)

Good luck.

Thanks,

Aj.