Posts by Routeres

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!

Bus World is a game about passenger transportations in various conditions, starting from standard days of a bus driver and ending with rescuing people who suffered from disasters.

An interesting take on the genre for sure.

Visuals seem to have improved compared to their previous bus game. The Chernobyl part looks exciting, though I fear that the physics and sounds will stay arcadey, just like in Bus Driver Simulator 2019.

I'm loving the new update, especially the improved lighting, distance fog and the new water spray effect. Thanks for delivering, TML.

Here's my contribution to the list of bugs:

Parked cars are sunk into the ground in Sellin.

And here's something that's been around since release and been rustling my jimmies ever since. It's not specific to update #22, but road markings on crossing objects are washed out in the distance. It's kind of like anisotropic filtering has no effect on those textures. It's fine on regular roads (what do you call those in Unreal Engine? Splines?)

Also any chance of improving the ghosting artifacts when AA is set to high or ultra?

Motion blur was turned off obviously. It still seems to be a thing with temporal AA.

Keep it up guys!

I'm loving the new update so far. DX12 is definitely a welcomed change, my FPS is better overall, with DX11 I had dips into the mid 20s in woody areas (trees are still a performance killer though), now it's above 30, frametimes seem to have improved as well, 30-40 fps feels smoother now. I've noticed some heavy stuttering during quick scenery change, e.g. when taking a sharp turn or looking around with my character outside the bus, but it's not too common.

There are some almost game breaking bugs I've noticed in the Usedom area. The "virtual" road surface on the overpasses is higher than the model itself, causing traffic jams and all sort of weird things, similar to Maximus' report in #43, see the attached pics.

Also the plastic cover in front of the dashboard gauges in the ComfortClass buses is still flashing.

Keep it up, I can't wait to see some further improvements throughout the game.

@Routeres - Unreal engine 4 it is a very good development engine, in it programming new games like Dakar 2018 and much more. This is not a matter of bad engine, you can see that it has beautiful colors, textures, sharp buildings, vehicle models and you could exchange here a long time.

While true, none of what you just listed make my point less valid. If it's fixable, then maybe it's time to fix it. The game just went through a visual overhaul, but the blurriness is still present, and it's turning 2 years old in August. Now either most players are playing at 200% scaling and don't notice it, or it's just me who makes such a big deal of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't get me wrong, it's great that they keep patching the game even after so much time, and I'm really looking forward to future updates (and The Bus), but some bugs (or I don't even know how should I call them) have been around for too long, and it's starting to grind my gears.

Also let's not forget the ghosting effect, which is most noticeable at maxed out anti-aliasing (which also blurs the picture like crazy), is extremely disturbing, and has been present since release.
    I'm having a love-hate relationship with this game. Maybe Unreal Engine 4 wasn't the best choice...
    *heavy sigh*

Such a pleasant surprise after a long day at work. I'm happy for the new visuals, but it's the performance I'm the most excited about. Let's see how it performs on my aging rig.

Edit: I'm impressed so far, but some areas with dense forests are still dropping fps like crazy. Something should be done with (distant) trees, they seem to be an fps hog.

die Grafik [...] die LOD wechseln viel zu spät und ganze Objekte tauchen selbst bei Episch direkt vor einem auf [...] eure Titel haben schon immer sehr hohe Hardware-Anforderungen gehabt und jetzt mit der Unreal Engine scheint das noch schlimmer zu werden.

This. A thousand times this. :thumbup:

Some things that are rustling my jimmies, apart from what PMV said:

• If anti-aliasing is set either to low or medium >>> slightly jagged edges and no reflection on glass surfaces (e.g. windows). On high or epic >>> smooth edges, working reflection on windows, but the whole picture becomes too soft when moving. Text on the instruments panel and on signs becomes hard to read. Scaling over 100% helps a lot, but also butchers the fps, so that's a no go. Also the bus and its animated parts (e.g. wipers) are still leaving ghost trails.
    • Effect quality has a reasonable impact on the performance, but if set to medium (or lower) >>> no raindrops on windows at all from the inside, also no rain reflection on the roads.

I hope TML haven't given up on further optimizing the game's performance and some more detailed graphics settings would be nice too. ;)

Hey guys,

I was listening to the ingame radio (not the streams), and I noticed that most of the songs are totally unknown to me. I'm not particularly proud of that, haha..., but anyway, I'm writing a review about the ComfortClass and Multimedia Package DLCs on our website and I thought it would be a good idea to mention a few of the bands.

So my question is, is there a tracklist available somewhere? I mean I could Shazam them, but having a tracklist would be quicker.

Thanks

Also, Double Bass FM is crazy good. :thumbsup:

I've been sitting on these ideas for quite some time. I like the game, but sometimes somehow it just doesn't feel detailed enough to me, so here are some things I would be happy to see being implemented:

• Seeing the recently built bus wash stations makes me wonder about the point of said buildings. My gut tells me it's some kind of preparation for the football-themed DLC, but would it be possible to make the buses get dirty?
      Bug splashes on the windscreen, dust in dry conditions, dirt and mud in wet weather, snow on the bus during heavy snowfall, cleaning the windscreen with washer, passenger comments if the bus is dirty, less points at the end, etc.
    • The physics in rain and in snow are totally the same as in dry weather. If the weather would have an effect on the physics, that would be awesome.
    • I also miss some particle effects, like the water spray at the wheels in rain, tire marks and dust behind the bus on dirt, skid marks in case the wheels block (with sounds!), most of these somehow never make into simulators.

These are not related to the previously listed items but would also be welcomed additions:

• It was probably mentioned before but this game screams for a dedicated photo mode, where you can move around with the camera, zoom in and out, tilt it, stuff like that, similar to what we have in ETS 2. It would be particularly useful for the screenshot contest. ;)
    • A freeroam camera would also be nice with changeable FOV.

Keep it up guys!

You mentioned the two possible solutions. Either upscale, or change the anti aliasing back to medium. Afaik Unreal Engine 4 smooths the edges through post processing (FXAA, TXAA), traditional multisampling AA is not available.

The rain bug on the windows is still there if viewed from a distance.

Also is there any way to disable TrackIR in the game?
    A few days ago I installed OpenTrack, which can be used for headtracking emulation, and the game detects it as TrackIR and I can't use the mouse for looking around in the cab.

Keep up the great work guys, I can't wait for the final release. :thumbup:

Now I can't seem to look around in the cab with the mouse, and I'm unable to look left and right with the buttons 3 and 4.
    Also the oversized raindrops are still present, and I noticed that the driver's view is now closer to the dashboard than before.

Keep it up, you're definitely getting there, slowly but steadily.