Posts by Dynek

Welcome to the new TML-Studios Community! Please read through the Community Rules and Guidelines and Tips & Tricks. Have fun!

Can Fernbus get the features from TBS where passengers speak different languages (as right now everyone in France speaks fluent German :lol: )

The text-to-speech voices in TBS aren't the best though... they sound rather robotic ^^

It would be interesting if TML allowed the community to do voice-overs for different languages (especially since the community is so diverse) as it would make the passengers sound genuine, and TML wouldn't have to bother to employ people for voice-overs specifically. TML would obviously check if each voice over is good enough for the game. Just a suggestion:thumbup:

Martin 40 Bus

I'm sure we all want the manual gear functionality to be added, and that it will be eventually implemented in Fernbus & Tourist Bus ^^

But for now, I also think it's important to focus on The Bus as CuzzystyleTV mentioned, so that we can enjoy driving a city bus in Berlin as soon as possible 8)

Honestly, I cannot wait for The Bus. TML have improved a lot since their last city bus simulation games, especially with the use of Unreal Engine 4, and it will be very exciting to see how they pull it off. They probably have many obstacles to get by (passengers, pedestrians, etc.), so it's important to be patient with everything when it comes to all three games! :)

I would also like to take the opportunity to congratulate you TML for your hard work :thumbup::!:

I'm delighted to be a member of this fantastic community since Fernbus' release, back in 2016. You have created a successful simulator game that has been improved upon a lot since release, and you can see how your hard work had paid off ^^

It's important to note that you have quite a talented team working on the game, like the map designers, who do such an amazing job with the in-game cities, and the coach models as they look far superior to other simulators imo. There's much more positive things to discuss so those numbers don't come as a surprise! 8)

Continuously listening to the community will only increase those numbers even higher! :)

I would say the France map DLC is the better choice if you are looking forward to the cities, and Austria & Switzerland is the better choice if you are looking forward to the scenery surrounding the motorways. Those mountains look incredible, but you can't say no to Paris ^^ Personally, I prefer the ComfortClass coach DLC, but the choice is yours. 8)

Dovetail Games have already announced a sequel to Train Sim World, Train Sim World 2, despite not adding some promised features into the previous game. Nonetheless, it's exciting to see new content such as the high-speed inter-city German rail route out of Köln, with the DB ICE 3M. My local underground system will also be included in the game, with the London Underground Bakerloo line. There will also be the AC4400CW freight hauling train, included with the Sand Patch Grade route. The game is scheduled to release on the 6th of August 2020, and you can read all about the announcement here.

ben.m

I respect your opinion and I agree with some of the fairly obvious things you mentioned, but I believe that everyone should have expectations of certain features in a game, and that the developers should strive to make everyone entirely satisfied with the product.

Personally, I'm mostly satisfied with Fernbus, because behind all its flaws it's a fantastic game. I would just like for this specific feature to live up to mine, and many other players', expectations. We've been asking for it for years, because it's a fairly obvious request for a bus simulation game. :)

Hi Corentin Terite , I have been mentioning this exact issue on TML's forum since Fernbus' release, the last time is in this topic.

As we mentioned it many many times, we are working on bringing those issues you all mentioned to Fernbus Simulator.

This is the generic response that we've received regarding this matter ?(

Martin 40 Bus

Yes, I have the Logitech Driving Force GT, but I find it's too much hassle moving the steering wheel around my desk when I want and don't want to use it, so much that I decided to hide it in my room. ^^ But Fernbus also has so much interactive elements, besides just driving, like checking passengers' tickets and opening luggage hatches, which makes sense for me to just play on the keyboard. :)

I'm playing with the keyboard. Can you bring the steering wheel's rotation speed adjustment?

That would be cool. However, I also play Fernbus on the keyboard and I have turned off auto-centering of the wheel and surprisingly, I find that Fernbus is the best driving game ever when it comes to playing on the keyboard, far better than e.g. ETS2 which has such rotation speed adjustment option. I recommend you give that a try, although that might just be my personal preference.

There's no point of getting rid of the whole route that TML has been working on for years, which includes a whole lot of scenery, but it would be wise to include the current line at least in the form of a DLC later on. That way, there's a win-win situation :)

I would have thought ALL players would expect such a basic thing as passengers to walk onto the bus as they do in just about every other bus game I know.

I would say that most players expect this feature in the game, but everyone is tired of mentioning this over and over again as we've been waiting for this for years. We're not asking for too much as it's a bus simulation game on a modern game engine afterall yet it's still not here after almost 4 years. ?(

I also agree with you CuzzystyleTV , players expect realism.

Another thing worth mentioning is increasing the number of passengers. I remember raising this issue a long time ago in Steam Discussions.

The response I received from TML was that most players are satisfied with the number of passengers. I doubt anyone is satisfied driving with only e.g. 9 passengers in an ultra-long ComfortClass S 519 HD with 63 available seats; That's only ~14% of the capacity! Why is it so 'unusual' to see a full coach? :/ I wonder how this will look in The Bus.

Another response I received was that more passengers would cause performance issues. In my opinion TML should be tackling performance issues instead of 'running away' from them by decreasing the game's realism. To ensure that we get the right performance/realism balance, a slider could be implemented in the options menu. ;)

It is important to note that it's worth implementing these features as players will definitely appreciate that :thumbup: