TramSim - The Tram Simulator

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• I welcome everyone :)

Today I re-read some topics and saw that no one wrote anything about this topic for a long time, just like me.

But just yesterday, I learned the news, which, perhaps, some do not yet know. Tram simulator will soon have rain and realistic drops on glass.

Facebook video

By the way, a lot of time has passed, but I have not given an answer to my own message written earlier. Today I will fix it, give an answer and close this question, which has been hanging for a long time :)

I decided not to buy this simulator for a change for the new year, as I wrote earlier.

Since I only like buses and trolleybuses from city simulators, I am neutral about trams. Well, I'm not a fan of trams ^^

That is why I decided not to buy it.

Yes, I love planes, because I like passenger planes since childhood, I like buses and trolleybuses, which I also like since childhood, but trams do not make me want to spend hours in this simulator. Although in terms of graphics and physics, it may be good.

What do you say, @hadi ? Is the tram simulator really good in terms of physics? Do you like him? You bought a second Tramsim: Munich?

I was surprised that the developers will release the same product, but with a different name)

What do you think about the new weather?

• Hi, sorry for the very late responds. I'll try to give you a clear answer to all the questions.

First things first, the physics are "ok". Nothing more, nothing less (if that's even proper English). If you are driving a bit faster you will start to notice that this a tram with just basic physics. The physics do become bad the moment you have poor specs and low graphics. The tram starts to de-rail for some reason and the game sometimes crashes (because of a memory leak). Not only that but many times you will pass a AI tram that doesn't have a cabine. They claim that this a issue on unreal side but I doubt that tbh. In general, like I stated above, they are ok.

As for the second question: yes, I will buy that tramsim: Munchen as players like me who bought the previous lotus project will get 75% off when buying the tramsim version of munchen. So I will buy it and also because I like Munchen. I had plenty of fun when I played it on Lotus.

I saw the weather video, they dropped it on their discord and Instagram. I like it, we will have to see how it plays out in the game as they are working not only on rain but also on snow falling, wind, etc with phyiscs like the tram sliding when it rains.

The reason why they decided to make it two seperate games is so that people could choose which one they like, but this is all BS and not true to my understanding. They just had sound files and everyting form the previous project and because they couldn't finish it, they tried to make a new game with the same textures, building, etc. Now, they said that if tramsim vienna recieves a update, Munchen will get that too. Not only that, you will be able to drive all trams across both games.

So I hope I gave enough information 😃

• Yes, @hadi, thanks for giving the extended answers to my questions :):thumbup:

This is a common problem in all games and simulators when there is not enough RAM and it knocks out. It's good when there is an opportunity to put 32 gigabytes and you can forget about everything ^^

Well, since you also have LOTUS in stock, I think that very soon we will be able to meet on the map of Berlin :S

• Yes, @hadi, thanks for giving the extended answers to my questions :):thumbup:

This is a common problem in all games and simulators when there is not enough RAM and it knocks out. It's good when there is an opportunity to put 32 gigabytes and you can forget about everything ^^

Well, since you also have LOTUS in stock, I think that very soon we will be able to meet on the map of Berlin :S

Nah, I deleted that stupid game a long time ago. Poor graphics, bad engine, devs are really, really rude. Mostly negative reviews on steam (even when I bought it, nothing changed). And we can keep going on. I hate that game. That's why, when I saw tramsim being announced, I immediately deleted Lotus. This is maybe a rude opinion but a fact 😅

• Nah, I deleted that stupid game a long time ago. Poor graphics, bad engine, devs are really, really rude

:)

I disagree with you, because this is not a game, but a simulator. As for the deletion, I think that soon you will change your mind.

Personally, I like the LOTUS-Simulator, and the "Streets of Lotus" module.

In the simulator, graphics are not the main thing, but physics and realism are more important. LOTUS is an improved OMSI. It is in development, but it gets better with every update.

And if we compare the graphics, then it is much better than OMSI 2. There are shadows, beautiful trees, lighting, reflections. Passenger animation is very realistic. OMSI lacked that.

Even now, when, in fact, the project is still crude and there is an unfinished MAN DD bus, nevertheless, physics is partially present. The bus really feels like its heavy weight, when it hits the rails or curb, then all this is transmitted.

There are only two developers and so far it is difficult to do everything at once, but the work is in progress.

A map of Berlin has now been released for early access. Performance has been improved recently.

It is possible to create trolleybuses. If we manage to create a trolleybus, it will be the first trolleybus simulator after Bus-Tram-CableCar. And of course "Urban Transport Simulator" will appear in the future.

Despite the fact that the project is already 3 years old, the prospects are very good.

As for TramSim, I'm glad you bought the Munich card. If you like something in life, then you must definitely buy and enjoy it ;) :thumbup:

• I will see if my mind will change in the future about Lotus, if so: then I will donwload that "rail lotus" back. If not: then nothing 😅. But we will see.