We just released our first beta update for The Bus!
One week after the start of the early access, we gathered, thanks to our community, lots and lots of feedback and bug reports. We were not able to implement everything right now, but we've got your suggestions on our list. You can see the complete changelog below:
Please create backup copies of your savegame files before switching to EA BETA Update 1. Savegames may not be compatible with the new version of the game.
ATTENTION: This is a BETA update. Technical problems, instability of the game as well as bugs during gameplay can be possible.
How to install the beta version of the update?
In your Library, you click with the right mouse button on the entry of the "The Bus"
In the drop-menu, you click on the entry "Properties"
In the window "The Bus - Properties" you select the tab "BETAS"
In the field "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" select the entry "beta-"
Now you can close the window and the beta version of the update should download right away
After downloading the update you can start the The Bus via the "PLAY" button
In the main menu should now be the corresponding version number of the beta version of the update and you can test the update
Changelog 0.5.40451 EA
- Compatibility with Windows 7 and DirectX improved
- Fixed some crashes caused by the in-game editors
- Fixed some navigation errors
- Added option to disable the action camera (OptionsGameGeneralShow action camera)
- Some menus in screen resolutions of 4:3, 5:4 and 16:10 improved
- The field of view (FOV) can now be increased to 120 using the sliders
- With TrackIR active the mouse cursor can now be used
- Fixed blurry texture resolution of the small trucks
- Operating plan menu added, changes in the in-game editors can be reset here for the time being
- Passenger can now pay with more variety of hard money when buying tickets
- Fixed typo "Stehlplätzr" (=Standing room)
- Replaced billboards of Quardiga (Brandenburg Gate) and Viktoria (Vicotory Column) with actual 3d models
- Replaced statue on Unter den Linden with horseman statue
- Updated model of Brandenburg Gate
- Graphical bug fixes
- Fixed localization errors
- Added missing locations
Changelog 0.5.40521 EA
- Fixed passengers blocking entry when the player continued driving but did not completed the passenger’s ticket sale*
- Fixed a typo in the German localisation of the menus*
- Passengers now walk up to the curbstone when their bus line approaches the stop
- ATM physics fixed
Added license plates for parking cars
- Radio now stops correctly when stopped and closed
- Passengers now wait for the doors to fully open before disembarking
- Public Feedback Reporter optimized
- Added off state to observation monitor
- Miscellaneous graphic fixes
* An error that only occurred during the BETA test of this update