The Bus - Update 1.1 BETA

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• TB_Update1.1_BETA_1280x450.jpg

We just released our first beta update for The Bus!

One week after the start of the early access, we gathered, thanks to our community, lots and lots of feedback and bug reports. We were not able to implement everything right now, but we've got your suggestions on our list. You can see the complete changelog below:

---

Please create backup copies of your savegame files before switching to EA BETA Update 1. Savegames may not be compatible with the new version of the game.

---

ATTENTION: This is a BETA update. Technical problems, instability of the game as well as bugs during gameplay can be possible.

How to install the beta version of the update?

Quite easily:

In your Library, you click with the right mouse button on the entry of the "The Bus"

In the drop-menu, you click on the entry "Properties"

In the window "The Bus - Properties" you select the tab "BETAS"

In the field "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" select the entry "beta-"

Now you can close the window and the beta version of the update should download right away

After downloading the update you can start the The Bus via the "PLAY" button

In the main menu should now be the corresponding version number of the beta version of the update and you can test the update

---

Changelog 0.5.40451 EA

• Compatibility with Windows 7 and DirectX improved
    • Fixed some crashes caused by the in-game editors
    • Fixed some navigation errors
    • Added option to disable the action camera (OptionsGameGeneralShow action camera)
    • Some menus in screen resolutions of 4:3, 5:4 and 16:10 improved
    • The field of view (FOV) can now be increased to 120 using the sliders
    • With TrackIR active the mouse cursor can now be used
    • Fixed blurry texture resolution of the small trucks
    • Operating plan menu added, changes in the in-game editors can be reset here for the time being
    • Passenger can now pay with more variety of hard money when buying tickets
    • Fixed typo "Stehlplätzr" (=Standing room)
    • Replaced billboards of Quardiga (Brandenburg Gate) and Viktoria (Vicotory Column) with actual 3d models
    • Replaced statue on Unter den Linden with horseman statue
    • Updated model of Brandenburg Gate
    • Graphical bug fixes
    • Fixed localization errors
    • Added missing locations

Changelog 0.5.40521 EA

• Fixed passengers blocking entry when the player continued driving but did not completed the passenger’s ticket sale*
    • Fixed a typo in the German localisation of the menus*
    • Passengers now walk up to the curbstone when their bus line approaches the stop
    • ATM physics fixed
    • Added license plates for parking cars
    • Radio now stops correctly when stopped and closed
    • Passengers now wait for the doors to fully open before disembarking
    • Public Feedback Reporter optimized
    • Added off state to observation monitor
    • Miscellaneous graphic fixes

* An error that only occurred during the BETA test of this update

• Don't forget guys(!), go to the beta tab on steam after right clicking on the game, otherwise, you won't see the update ;)

• This update doesn't have anything significant to say about the game as a whole. The physics is still crappy. The sounds are terrible. Sun glow and flickering in the eyes - painful to the eyes. It is in vain to release such updates And after years of experience with you, this is the first time I refuse and return the game back to the store.

This game was still being built since 2018 And you haven't learned anything, just like with Fernbus sim, where everything is just as lousy to date...

"I am sorry that I have not been able to bring your Majesty's business to a more successful conclusion."

• This update doesn't have anything significant to say about the game as a whole. The physics is still crappy. The sounds are terrible. Sun glow and flickering in the eyes - painful to the eyes. It is in vain to release such updates And after years of experience with you, this is the first time I refuse and return the game back to the store.

This game was still being built since 2018 And you haven't learned anything, just like with Fernbus sim, where everything is just as lousy to date...

"I am sorry that I have not been able to bring your Majesty's business to a more successful conclusion."

You forget the situation that the game is still in EA, relative to EA the game is excellent, and of course do not forget that it will only get better with time, in my opinion the reviews are a bit too sharp, the game overall is just fine in relation to EA.

• Zitat

With TrackIR active the mouse cursor can now be used

I tested this today, the cursor shows up when you do right-click, and the view is not centered when you right-click, as I commented here:

Early Access for The Bus: Your questions, feedback and reports

The problem I encounter now is that when you right-click, the cursor appears, but the view doesn´t move when you move your head around using Track-IR. When you right-click and the cursor appears, tracking stops.

In my opinion, tracking should not stop when you right-click to make the cursor appear. Another solution could be, that if Track-IR is enabled and mouse control is disabled, cursor appears when you move the mouse. (OMSI did it this way, the cursor was always available at all times, but dissapeared after some time if mouse was not moved).

• Hey guys, friends! Don't repeat your mistakes. Do not release an empty patch that in fact as a simulator does not fix anything! You should work on the physics of the bus and the sounds of the bus engine first. Otherwise you will just as ruin this project, as you killed your Fernbus with the same mistakes !

Happiness and goodness to all. Greetings from Lithuania.

• Kreator  Gregtz.LT

It's funny how you both sound exactly the same. What a coincidence...

Anyways, if you expect the physics or sounds to receive an overhaul one week after release in Early Access, then you should take a look at The Bus' competitors like LOTUS-Simulator. They haven't even managed to complete one bus model after almost two years time. But what about their official map and the rest?

I saw that you're hating a lot on TML on Steam Discussions (and now here) but you fail to see all the things TML are doing right :) It's also no secret that TML is getting a lot of things right this time, hence the very positive reviews on Steam.

I'm sure everything will be worked on (physics and sounds included) because it's just the beginning of Early Access and I think we just need some patience :)

• Just don't bother, there are dozens of just "simulator fans" (in the steam discussion page who act the in the same way with always the same excuse) who in fact just have around 1000 hours in a old game like OMSI and expect a EA title to be the same because they read the steam description of this game :rolleyes: