The Bus - Update 1.2 BETA

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• TB_Update1.2_BETA_1280x720.jpg

Update 1.2 BETA for The Bus is here!

We took care of a lot of little things, such as passengers getting on and off the bus, the travel time between stops, license plates and a lot of other bugs. Many thanks to the community and the countless, very helpful reports!

You can see the complete changelog here:

---

Please create backup copies of your savegame files before switching to the EA BETA Update. Savegames may not be compatible with the new version of the game.

---

ATTENTION: This is a BETA update. Technical problems, instability of the game as well as bugs during gameplay can be possible.

How to install the beta version of the update?

Quite easily:

1. In your Library, you click with the right mouse button on the entry of the "The Bus"
    2. In the drop-menu, you click on the entry "Properties"
    3. In the window "The Bus - Properties" you select the tab "BETAS"
    4. In the field "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" select the entry "beta-"
    5. Now you can close the window and the beta version of the update should download right away
    6. After downloading the update you can start The Bus via the "PLAY" button
    7. In the main menu should now be the corresponding version number of the beta version of the update and you can test the update

---

Changelog 0.6.41300 EA

• Updated lighting systems: sunlight, moonlight, vehicle lights, street lights, buildings, etc.
    • Onboarding passengers now walk to their correct seat instead of teleporting
    • Disembarking passengers now move from their seat and walk to the exit doors instead of teleporting
    • Disembarking passengers now choose the closest door to their seat’s position when exiting the vehicle
    • Disembarking passengers now can leave through any door
    • Bus line TXL: time of travel in-between bus stops updated
    • Operating Plan menu update
    • Added license plates to parking cars
    • Fixed a bug in the German license plate system, e.g. 5-digit numbers should no longer be possible
    • In-Game Editors: Deleting stops in lines now correctly updates all routes
    • Board Computer: You can now use Numpad on your keyboard to enter the tour code
    • Added a keybinding that allows pausing the mouse control input to enable mouselook
    • Fixed bug where the standard operating plan wasn't loaded correctly after resetting.
    • Weather templates have been updated
    • Geometries of buildings have been updated (mostly around Beusselstraße and Turmstraße)
    • Some traffic fixes for traffic lights, ROW (right of way) and speed limits
    • Some navigation fixes
    • Additional aspect ratio fixes for UI screens and HUD
    • Fixed some asset physics
    • Fixed some shader compiling errors
    • Update feedback reporting tool
    • Retarder now fades out correctly
    • Updated camera distance when using the photo mode
    • Incorrectly reported conflicts between key assignments have been fixed
    • Dynamic weather templates are now loaded correctly from savegame data (will only work with new save game files)
    • Updated the positions of the roof hatches
    • Updated the positions of the observation cameras in the Scania Citywide 12M
    • Fixed traffic lights that don't update on spawning
    • Passengers can now use different clothing patterns and colors
    • Reset vehicle function updated - should no longer place the vehicle into invisible walls and respects rear end of articulated vehicles and the maximum length of the vehicle
    • Fixed a bug where the photo mode could interfere with the vehicle controls
    • Fixed footstep sound not respecting effect volume settings
    • Updated collisions of some assets
    • Fixed the time display on the radio screen
    • Matrix displays updated
    • Other minor fixes

---

Changelog 0.6.41392 EA

• Fixed matrix displays (left side matrix is the missing destination as in real life in Berlin)
    • Fixed visibility of timetables in the Timetable Editor
    • Fixed passengers not waiting for people to leave through the front door
    • Fixed passengers congregating and getting stuck when leaving the bus
    • Fixed chance of passengers paying with 50EUR notes
    • Fixed 5.1 surround sound

---

Changelog 0.6.41437 EA

• Performance fixes
    • Immediately adjust radio when the volume is changed in settings
    • Fixed radio slider missing without DLC (Fernbus Sim DLC Multi Media Package)
    • Fixed roadmap position of bus depot
    • Fixed Scania Citywide’s rear matrix displays (again)
    • Added additional bus stops
    • Updated position of bus stop Charité - Campus Mitte
    • Added missing announcement for bus stop Beusselstrasse

---

Changelog 0.6.41584 EA

• Fixed passenger disembarkation when driving the Scania Citywide 12M solo bus
    • Scania Citywide: When taking a right turn the observation monitor will switch automatically to the right side exterior camera and switch back after completing the turn
    • Scania Citywide: Observation camera now switches to exterior rear door camera view, when the door is opened
    • Removed incorrect localisations of matrix display strings
    • Added locking to opening/closing radio streams to fix a rare game freeze
    • The volume slider in the radio GUI now blinks if set to 0 (Null)
    • Updated geometry of some additional buildings
    • Updated the behavior of the driver’s cabin light
    • Updated bus stop marker visibility depending on an active route
    • Updated NPC performance
    • Fixed spawning NPC head direction
    • The last existing line in the Line Editor cannot be deleted anymore
    • Fixed overexposure in mirrors caused by light shafts
    • Updated steering velocity curve for Scania Citywide
    • Fixed eye adaption when using time of day slider in photo mode
    • Fixed reset vehicle function when near an invisible wall
    • Added function to reset player position in the pause menu when not driving a vehicle
    • Preparations for a terminal loop at Alexanderplatz/Memhardtstraße
    • Updated maximum Field of View values for Ultrawide displays

---

Changelog 0.6.41766 EA

• Updated vehicle physics
    • Performance optimisations
    • Updated traffic light timing at crossroad Alexanderplatz / Memhardtstrasse and Alexanderplatz terminal loop
    • Fixed route navigation at Alexanderplatz terminal loop
    • Fixed wheel material of NPC vehicles
    • Radio is now audible in the rear of the Scania Citywide 18M
    • Fixed weird radio sound on launch for certain PC configurations
    • Fixed invisible passengers in mirrors on low-quality settings when loading a savegame
    • Fixed radio becoming audible while changing volume in settings
    • Fixed reversing camera on low-quality settings
    • Fixed brake light sensitivity of NPC vehicles
    • UI text fixes
  • When I read the full list of fixes, I was blown away. Because a lot has been done. Yes, indeed, a lot of work has been done.

The most important thing for me was the lighting and the sound of the bus braking. And it's really cool that all this has been fixed. I will be happy to test this update and post a new video of my trip :):thumbup:

• I am very, very happy with the 1.2 update. Yesterday I drove and suffered from too bright sun, but today I passed the route comfortably, I am delighted :):thumbup:

I liked it very much:

1. clothing of passengers;

2.the way passengers get off the bus (many get out through the front door)

3.boarding passengers to their seats on the bus (not teleportation)

4. in my opinion there are more passengers. There are no free seats on the bus

5. some stops can be passed because there are no passengers

6. lighting. It's very cool and realistic. Especially noticeable when the bus drives into the shady area during the day

vlcsnap-2021-05-06-09h57m01s396.png

7.No sound lag when braking

But I also noticed some bugs.

The information board does not work correctly and the TXL line is displayed twice

20210506081421_1.jpg

20210506081430_1.jpg

At the ROBERT-KOCH-PLATZ intersection, traffic jams are constantly occurring. I could not complete the route because of this

vlcsnap-2021-05-06-09h57m42s815.png

vlcsnap-2021-05-06-09h57m28s393.png

On the way back, there was also a traffic jam in the same place

20210506093702_1.jpg

20210506093710_1.jpg

This moment was also captured in the video

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Thanks @DenisVarlamov88 for your feedback. The matrix is indeed broken, we will fix it asap. I'll forward it to my colleagues, along with your other reports.

• Thanks for great update. From me one request. Please correct timetable for the Alexanderplatz direction. You should for example cut off 1 minute every two bus stops. Now we have to wait 30-60 sec at each the bus stop, despite respecting speed limits etc. Opposite direction is ok.

• Great! I have to do some more testing but from what I did see in a quick ride the passengers don’t stand up in front of the door before leaving. Could be possible to add it? Now you have to open both doors because you don’t see where is the passenger wanting to leave until you open them.

• Thanks so much for the update, Quarney :):thumbup:

When I was recording video along the evening route, I discovered one interesting bug.

20210506153150_1.jpg

20210506153155_1.jpg

20210506153205_1.jpg

20210506153214_1.jpg

:/ I do not know what it is. And it is very difficult to explain from the photographs. So I cut a video clip for the developers. I think it will come in handy

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• I don't know what happened with update 1.2 but my performance is a lot worse than with 1.1

I have a lot of "stutters" that I didn't have so many before.

It can't be my system.

i7 (5GHz) 2x PCI SSDs and an RTX 2080 and the latest NVidia 466 driver.

Moreover, the Ai passengers now walk through each other at the front door with getting in and out. That was not before.

What can I do to reduce those "stutters"?

I have already reverted several graphic elements from EPIC to HIGH.

Nothing helps. It is almost impossible to drive.
    Please help me......

• Great performance improvement with this latest version!

However, lighting is still a little weird at night. For me it looks as if the lights that are further away are brighter than those near me. Maybe my settings are wrong.

@DenisVarlamov88 can you share your current graphics settings? (Gamma, light distance, etc)

• Hey there, sorry for the performance drops, we are already working on it.

@DenisVarlamov88 your reports are being forwarded, thank you (you can send such things to us via F1 as well :))

Angustruck could you please use the in-game option F1 so this suggestion will be directly received? Thanks

lgvdbroek if it is unplayable for you, maybe it is best if you return to the previous version. At least until we fixed the issue

Best regards

• Thank you for listening TML! (i know I said it on discord but wanted to thank you again) I will try it out later

• I got a problem with this update.

Turning on the turn signal to the right triggers the switching of views on the driver's monitor. Here's a video:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

Previously, I had no problems with this. Moreover, setting the keys for the turn signal to the right, except for the button with the turn signal, costs nothing more. They are not in conflict

20210512200512_1.jpg

I recently bought myself a steering wheel, but I don't think it's a coincidence. Because there was no such problem in the last update :/

Is it just me, or does someone also have a problem with the turn signal?