Let’s talk about Fernbus (EN)

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• Hello TML Studios,
    Many fans and bus enthusiasts are eagerly waiting for the release of Fernbus Simulator which if I am correct is May/June time? Anyway I have few questions if team member can answer :)

• How did Fernbus simulator idea start? When did work start?
    • Are the MAN coaches customisable? (eg change mirrors)
    • For beta testers who submitted application when if successful would we hear back? It is exciting that some of us will be accepted to provide accurate feedback and bug reports
    • Are coaches repaintable?
    • What is mod support like (if any) Can community bring new sounds, vehicles and objects?
    • Game controllers are supported?
    • Keys can be remapped?

Misc
    It is really good that TML Studios are providing updates to community (via DevDiary and Facebook page) keep showing us your work :)

I look forward from hearing :)

Do these coaches have destination displays, if so can user operate?

• There isn't actually an english "Let's talk about the long distance bus" - thread.

@Cooper's Freightmaster But at the the moment you can't see in the pictures any destination displays, if you mean them above the wind screen. ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hey,

let my try and answer your questions...

1) The idea came from our publisher, Aerosoft, as they managed to get a deal with "MeinFernbus FlixBus" - the major long distance coach operator in Germany. Development has been on for over a year now.

2) We're honestly not sure yet, if the bus will be costomizable. We could eventually offer to edit physics, etc. More infos to come...

3) Aerosoft is responsible for for choosing the beta testers that have applied. Please have some patience, as 1) they have to take care of all applications that came in and 2) we're working hard to get the game ready for this massive kind of beta test.

4) Repainting will be possible, yes.

5) Theoretically speaking, modding actually has no limits. We will give more details, what exactly will be open for modding and how it will work. We have plans to release a sort of "wiki" for instructions, etc.

6) Game controllers and steering wheels are supported, yes. All you need is installed drivers of the device and all commands will be setup in the game settings.

7) Of course keys can be remapped, as with all other games that we have released before.

8) The coaches will get destination displays, yes.

Great to hear that you like our DevDiaries and Community work. Thanks for supporting us! :)

@Postbus @Cpt.Slow @all: The "Fernbus Simulator" category is available for German AND English users and is shown in the language you have as standard. If you turn OFF English contents, you would also not see this thread.

Best regards
    Chris

• The release date is currently scheduled for end of June, but not fixed yet.

@Hauptfeldwebel I think you must get a simulator without errors over.

Do you need some more months? better to wait and be a quality product.

Do you know the difference between getting a game unfinished and finished out one? the positive ratings, which ultimately is money.

You can sell 7000 copies of Fernbus, or sell 25000. That's the difference.

People want "SCS" (Creators ETS2) make a similar Fernbus simulator. Fernbus seems very good, if you prepare it correctly simulator, can hurt "SCS" simulator can be number one on intercity buses.

A friend of mine says he will wait a long time, or maybe not buy it, because it does not trust TML, but I think the idea of my friend, can change. Maybe if you see a quality product, are encouraged to buy it without question.

Please act well, it is a very good opportunity. The rush is always bad, the "project manager" should know.

Sorry to be so direct, I just want the best for TML. It is a company I like, just has not had the correct editors, not luck.

For example, Astragon was a drag TML-Studios. It is a company that wants the games quickly, quick to sell mass projects. Why it has so many titles.

I think Astragon not want simulators quality, in fact do not think that anything taken seriously, is my external thought.

Greetings.

PD:
    Now you are alone, you can decide well. Okay, you have a publisher: Aerosoft.

But it is very fexible, want quality products. It's better than Astragon, Aerosoft is in light years.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's not as easy, as you might think. We can't just take as much time as we want to complete the product, just to make it perfect. With every game that we develop, we have a budget available for the development. Developing such a massive game costs a lot of money, and believe me: we've already overrun our budget by a lot! Now there is a point where we just don't have any more ressources to keep the game in development to make it just as perfect, as we want it to. That's why the game will come out pretty soon. Don't worry: it will work and it will be a fun game. But we will also release a bunch of updates to make it better after time.

We can never even think about "taking as much time as we want" to make the game perfect. That will never work for any game developer.

• Hi.

I understand what you mean, I know it's not easy. Perhaps my thinking, is more of an independent company, no large projects.

I'm sure it will be a great product, and all programmers and TML team, will be proud of this simulator.

One question, once received enough purchases, will continue updating and expanding some things in the game? that is, it will be something different, if I'm not mistaken, you receive DLCs.

I really want to try it, really.

A greeting!

EDIT: quote removed / Hauptfeldwebel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hauptfeldwebel () aus folgendem Grund: quote removed / Hauptfeldwebel

• Great to see new Dev Diary 10! From the video again I have more questions for team :)

• Is there a free play mode where we do not have to be assigned to a job for general free roam coach driving?
    • As we are nearer beta, there is more to answer to my original question about mod support. My question now is have you already released details about modding as previously you say closer to time. We English members do not often read German discussion mainly because poor translation options and lots of German talk about other things :)
    • Could you give more details about repainting, as you say earlier it is possible but is it as easy as repainting a coach net (see here for example)? I already have ideas of what to repaint into :)
    • Will there be or is there already a route map/map of game.
    • Can we as player make our own Coach routes (lines), choosing where we stop and timings?
    • The buttons in the cab are all numbered, what is this for? How do we activate the button features - is all keys assigned to keyboard or can we click in cab, if so how?
    • Is it possible for driving while passenger door(s) are open? :P
    • If I am correct, I see that unfortunately TML Studios are already over budget with game (sad face) and are releasing end of June. You do say that you plan to bring game updates and DLCs. Have any details of this already been released? What kind of DLCs can we find, map expansion, new vehicles, new paints?

As always developing game is hard work. The community is very excited to play for themselves :)

Maybe it is possible to rename this thread to 'English discussion' ?? And for any news to also be posted here in English, not just German area :)

Maybe this is for @UndergroundBerlin to answer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a free play mode where we do not have to be assigned to a job for general free roam coach driving?

Free play mode is available, yes.

As we are nearer beta, there is more to answer to my original question about mod support. My question now is have you already released details about modding as previously you say closer to time. We English members do not often read German discussion mainly because poor translation options and lots of German talk about other things

Modding generally is possible. We will have our own tools that will be available to download from the Unreal Marketplace. More details on modding will follow after release.

Could you give more details about repainting, as you say earlier it is possible but is it as easy as repainting a coach net (see here for example)? I already have ideas of what to repaint into

We will release templates for repainting shortly at release. It should easily be possible to repaint the buses.

Will there be or is there already a route map/map of game.

There is a route map ... Just not a finished one to upload here right now.

Can we as player make our own Coach routes (lines), choosing where we stop and timings?

Yes.

The buttons in the cab are all numbered, what is this for? How do we activate the button features - is all keys assigned to keyboard or can we click in cab, if so how?

The numbers are just a reference for us. They will be removed at release.

Is it possible for driving while passenger door(s) are open?

Should be ... but definitely not recommended. ;)

If I am correct, I see that unfortunately TML Studios are already over budget with game (sad face) and are releasing end of June. You do say that you plan to bring game updates and DLCs. Have any details of this already been released? What kind of DLCs can we find, map expansion, new vehicles, new paints?

We will definitely release a ton of updates to make the game better after release and to add features that didn't make it into the game until end of June. DLCs will include one new bus model - that's our plan until now.

• Tips:
    - Add (although I recommended, but add all) FFB Steering Wheel: Logitech, Thrustmaster (at least) and if possible, Fanatec. Three major brands, with that 95% would be covered.
    - Add interior views that can be added to the keyboard, that is, I press a button to look left or right.
    - Add the GPS right corner, in the bus on the interior view, optionally. Style "ETS2".
    - Add radios, also the style "ETS2", which is very comfortable, believe me, it is much appreciated. Maybe it was intended or added.

I liked the simulator, I'd settle for the first and second option to buy it, I loved it. What a great job, it is a great SIMULATOR :)

When can I book this simulator in steam?