The Bus - official information

Wir schließen dieses Forum

In den letzten Jahren ist eine große und aktive Community auf unserem Discord Server entstanden. Viele Mitglieder sind deshalb nicht mehr aktiv in diesem Forum und Beiträge neuer User wurden nicht oder nur spät beantwortet. Daher schließen wir ab sofort dieses Forum. Alte Beiträge werden weiterhin sichtbar sein, aber es wird nicht mehr möglich sein neue Beiträge zu schreiben. Hier findet ihr unseren Discord Server: https://discord.com/servers/tml-studios-224563159631921152

• JonasD - this is because under German traffic laws, pedestrians have right of way over turning vehicles, however when continuing straight on, vehicles have right of way over pedestrians.

Hope this clears somethings up for you!

Kind Regards.

Oops... I guess I expressed myself badly, because I am German, so I know that. I just wanted to express that it kind of looks nice. Maybe it's because they're standing still and not rolling towards you like in real life.

Kind regards from Germany ;)

• Hi there!

Glad you liked the little clip, it is still not final. As soon as it is and we figure out, how we can implement pedestrians into FBS without a huge performance drop, we will do that. But it will probably happen after the EA of The Bus.

JonasD I think you meant, why are the pedestrians not looking in the direction they will actually cross the street, but instead are slightly looking to their left. Well, that's something we are working on.

About the right of way, here in Germany, as soon as the pedestrian light is green, pedestrians have it and are good to go. It would be very very unusual for such a big crossing in such a city to have no traffic lights. And Germans love their traffic lights, the more the merrier :)

• And Germans love their traffic lights, the more the merrier

Can't agree with that. How often I missed the train due to stupid traffic light switching... Too much lifetime wasted on this during school ?

• Well actually what i meant by the crossing not having a traffic light, that was a example. What i meant was that for example you get to a crossing that has no traffic light, than the pedestrians have right of way.

Also i don't think the traffic light in germany have a sensor do they? So that the side where their is the most traffic gets green. Like in the Netherlands and also belgium (though, we have a lot to learn still ^^)

• Also i don't think the traffic light in germany have a sensor do they?

Nah, this is also very common in Germany. Some work good, but others are still stupid and many struggle with low traffic...

• Hi there!

Glad you liked the little clip, it is still not final. As soon as it is and we figure out, how we can implement pedestrians into FBS without a huge performance drop, we will do that. But it will probably happen after the EA of The Bus.

Games keep getting better and better computers are needed. The number of pedestrians on the streets should be set in the game options, depending on the performance of your own computer. An example is the OMSI 2 game menu. This can be entered into FBS as another slider in the menu.

• I think you need to add (as I said before) places of entertainment that you can go with friends and not just work, breathe life into the game, because if you just drive and work all day then you have no after-work routine, add some pubs clubs restaurants and the like to do more Stuff :D

• Very good demonstration of pedestrians and movement of traffic, congratulations for the good work. 8o:thumbup:

I wish that other games had an improvement in traffic intelligence, there are many silly accidents because of AI. X/

Another point I touched on was the limited pedestrian variation.

In Fernbus, for example, 15 passengers at least about 5 are repeated. I hope this is improved on The Bus because we will see a lot of people on the streets. :/

• Hi!

We reworked the characters, so there will be new ones in the game, we just tried the moving passengers with the older models.

Yes, Tegel will remain in the game, it is set in 2017/18 and we surely not gonna overhaul a big part of the game, at least not if you don't want to wait for it for another +1-2 years :)

We are developing a bus simulation, so after-work-happenings and stuff like this will be very very few if at all. Focus is on the on the driving.

Best regards

• Will it be possible to enter the line with a GPS or ticketing device in order for it to take effect? For example you are on an empty journey and you want to start line 15 so you put the code in the GPS or the ticketing device to start the line and it will appear in front of the bus and inside.
    Similar to what was in Bus simulator 12, only more advanced
    pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Goblins

I've already expressed how important it is for the IBIS system to be introduced here so let's hope that the team will implement this crucial feature in The Bus.

I hope, also in my opinion the game should be different from TBS, FBS for the reason that they are both the same / similar, the bus should be made more unique which is like it will be a game in itself

• I have a question (not urgent :)) and a proposal (not hands and hearts ^^)

Will there be an Early Access (Phase 1) regular disc (DVD)?

There is a proposal on this score ;)

For example, it would be possible not to indicate in the description which individual functions this simulator will have in the future (Scania buses, VDL, MAN, several routes, etc.), but to summarize the information (a general description of the functions that will be available starting in the first stage and will not change in the future tense).

Because during the passage of the stages, a lot of things can change (new routes, buses, etc. will be added).

The DVD disc will have to contain an early version (stage 1) of the simulator, and when installing the simulator from the disc on a computer (when the final version comes out in a few years), a person will just need to update the archive with the game on Steam. The price can be increased depending on the passage of stages (1, 2, 3) directly in the stores themselves (Aerosoft, etc.).

This is my proposal 8o

I would be very happy to buy such a disc at an early stage. Because if it is released in the final third stage, many players who bought the digital version of "The Bus" in Steam in Early Access won't want to re-purchase the product at the increased price.

Personally, I would really like to buy such a disc for my collection :saint::thumbup: